1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 70s (?) Ford truck mirrors - appear to be new

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Those are different than any I think I've seen.  Instead of a "chisel" front they appear to be chiseled and rounded at the same time.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I think a truck (70's) is in the local yard with these but they are black. I am not really a fan of this style but if I had the right body (door) style, at $70 for the pair I'd happily live with them.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Those are different than any I think I've seen.  Instead of a "chisel" front they appear to be chiseled and rounded at the same time.
If you look at the 1980 and maybe 1981 brochures here on the site, you'll see some of the trucks in the pictures sporting these mirrors, although I have rarely seen an actual truck with them. There's actually very few trucks (in the 1980 brochure) that have the "correct" mirrors that we're used to on the 80-82 trucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
May be a good time for adding more photos and detail to the exterior mirror page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/exterior-mirrors.html

See if we can get examples from all of the factory 80's options. I know there were a couple styles (like this one based on what Shaun found in the brochure) where Ford used the same head but on the different gen mounting brackets so that should be pointed out to ensure users don't buy a listing like this by only looking at the head.

Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good idea, Scott.  You get the pics and I'll add them.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I know I have 4 styles here at my place. At my parents there is a truck with the chiseled + gooseneck and an 81 ranger with the small mirror. Will get photos of them all unless someone has them available and beats me to it.

Since it's dark I'll have to wait on the others but here is one I recently bought (thanks David ) thinking it is what was on my 80 1 ton but was wrong.

EOTZ-176960-E bought on eBay so can't validate the number is entirely correct. Note that the glass does not have the black gasket around it

I'll get better pictures tomorrow but the ones on my 86 and 80 are the same with the exception that the 80 mirrors do not have the black gasket around the glass

Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
SOLD!
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
In reply to this post by kramttocs
kramttocs wrote
EOTZ-176960-E bought on eBay so can't validate the number is entirely correct. Note that the glass does not have the black gasket around it
These are the other mirror featured in the 1980 brochure, but again, rarely used on the actual trucks.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Google Drive - Mirrors

I added the ones I have with me to a folder.
How do you all think they should be presented/named? By the E[]TZ number if we can accurately identify them? I can try to organize them better in the folders for Gary.
Also, if anyone has better examples or other styles, I will be happy to grant access to the share for you to upload them.
Scott