7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

6 months later

Mark

Feb 15

Aug 15

The reason for the cat on the tailgate is, my mother passed away after I started this build, she was a big cat person,  so it's somewhat of a memorial piece to her.

Cheap LED sidemarker lights from eBay, I think they look cool 😎

It would be easier for me to list what hasn't been done lol. This Truck had sat for many years, and truthfully most would have taken it to the scrapyard. I have legit pulled parts off of trucks that were I. Better shape than what I'd started with. I'm no where near completion,  lots and lots of little things to tidy up, but it's drivable,  and it's mechanically sound.  I painted it and I hadn't painted a vehicle in SEVERAL  years, but even with its flaws I'm happy with it. Thought I'd share a 6 month progress picture.  The biggest change that can be seen obviously is the paint, oxford white/ingot silver by the way are the colors. But brakes, suspension,  completely rebuilding the floor of the bed. The interior,  the wiring hours upon hours have gone into it. All I've done is work sleep and build 7 days a week.  So I'm thrilled to get it to this point. Still so very much more to do. I owe a lot of you thank yous because on several occasions I've had to read,  then re read posts.and gary.....you are a Saint man! The documentation you have compiled....second to none sir!
1984, f150 short bed straight six AOD.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 6 months later

grumpin
Good job! Looks nice!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mark
Mark!  That is a mighty transformation, and to do all of that in 6 months is amazing!  

I'm sorry about your mother passing away.  That really hurts - I know.  But she would be proud of what you've done, and the memorial to her will remind you of her each time you see it.

And I'm glad the site and the documentation helped you.  I helps me as well, so that makes it well worth the time and the effort.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

tanman
Truck looks beautiful. I've never seen this color combination. I like seeing custom non factory two tone paint jobs.

What white paint is this?

Looks great!
86 F150 4.9  Automatic
Reply | Threaded
|

Mark

Oxford white and ingot silver both are ford color codes, basecoat clearcoat real basic paint job.

I'm bi-vocational I run a injection molding plastics plant Monday-Friday and I'm a deputy sheriff on the weekends.  So I picked the white to match my patrol unit. And the silver was picked by my mother,  she always liked a silver car, I'd initially planned on going back with the baby blue. But I like how the silver came out.

Side note this whole rig was painted with an 8 gallon Walmart compressor that I added a 30 gallon holding tank to, I used an LVLP gun as opposed to the more common HVLP. used a cheap gun from Amazon (sprayit 33000) 2.0 tip for primer 1.3 tip for paint and clear. Paint came from ebay. Oxford white, autobahn paint, ingot silver, custom paints.com clear coat speadokote "simple clear" I wet sanded to 3000 and buffed, there's lots of little dings and spots that aren't perfect,  but it'll drive.

1984, f150 short bed straight six AOD.
Reply | Threaded
|

BigBrother-84
In reply to this post by Mark
Nice truck Mark, very impressive work, gorgeous, I love it.

And love the cat memorial too.  It is a very touching attention

Sorry for your mom.
Jeff / 1984 F350 Crew Cab 4x4/5.8L w351 4V/ T18/ D50 4.10 front/ 8' bed.
Restored 2019-2022.
Nicknamed «Big Brother 1984», due to its soooo-looong shape & nod to George Orwell's 1984 famous novel.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Looks incredible! Really like the addition of something that has a personal meaning.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio