21 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 460 Saginaw Power Steering Pump with AC

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The95FordGuy wrote
Hi, I’m working on a 78 Bronco with a period correct 460 out of a truck. It has an aftermarket hydroboost system and I want to swap out the existing power steering pump with a Saginaw style pump. It has factory air conditioning. Just wondering if you found the brackets you needed and if you got the system to work for you. I’m not sure where to start the search for these brackets. I haven’t had much luck finding them online.
Welcome to the forum.  I can tell that you were anxious to post that question, but the email you were sent specifically said "You will then be taken to the New Members Start Here folder where we ask you to start a new thread/topic in that folder about yourself and your truck."  But it appears you did not do that.

The reason we request that step is because that will bring you face to face with our guidelines, adherence to which is a requirement for being part of this forum.  Others have been banned for not adhering and have said they didn't read them.  So we want to ensure that you have had a chance to read them so that you don't get in that bind.

Please go to the New Members Start Here folder, read the guidelines, and then introduce yourself and your truck.  And once you've done that we can discuss the hydroboost question.  I'm in the middle of my conversion on a 460 and can probably help.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI