4 Loose connectors under hood

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

4 Loose connectors under hood

Perkinator
Hey everyone, truck runs great so must not be to important but I can’t figure out what these are for? I’ve been looking at wiring diagrams but than I’m computer challenged. Any info helps thanks for looking. Also searched the website so If someone else has asked same question I couldn’t find it. Thank you!

“Lexi” 1986 f150 xlt lariat, 351 winsor,
Short bed 4x4.

2006 f150 fx4, 5.4 triton super cab short bed 4x4
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 4 Loose connectors under hood

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Don't think I can help much, but here are my thoughts/questions:

Pics 1, 2, & 3: Are these of the same connectors?  Are there two connectors there?  What are the wire colors going into them?

Pics 4 & 5: the green connector looks to be the connector to the A/C compressor.  But that is if it has one black wire and one Black/Yellow wire.

Pic 5: That's a red wire going into the connector, right?  Are there two wires coming out of the other half?  What colors are they?  And this is below the left hand hood hinge, right?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pete Whitstone
In reply to this post by Perkinator
I'm no help on the connectors, but in one of the pics I see that your electric choke wire is of the female spade variety that is not covered/protected. I would advise you change it to the covered kind, it's cheap insurance for the $.06 it would cost. The reason being, that wire is hot in key on situations, and if it wiggles off the carb choke and falls on the engine, you'll blow a fuse (possibly with other stuff on the same circuit going dead) at best, or at worst you will have a fire on your hands.

I know the carb suppliers are supplying that wire with the unprotected spade, I think I got one when I got my Edelbrock carb. Dunno why they don't pony up the extra $.02 for the protected variety for their customers, but seeing those unprotected connectors is like leaving the key in the lathe chuck to me - a risk with no good upside.
81 F150 Flareside, Edelbrock Pro Flow4 FI, hydraulic roller 351W, E4OD, 4x4, BW1356
92 F150 RCLB 351W E40D BW1356 mostly stock
Reply | Threaded
|

Perkinator
Thank you for that advice I definitely will do that. I hadn’t ever thought of that and your right cheap insurance.  
Short bed 4x4.

Reply | Threaded
|

Perkinator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thank you for the comment Gary I’m sorry took so long for me to get back to you. Haven’t gotten under the hood for a couple days been knocking out last minute projects before winters here. But

Pic1+2 are same connector same color wire coming from the wire harness above the battery right next to where my alternator wires tie in. I’ll grab colors tomorrow

4+5 are black and black/yellow and right next to ac compressor but the ac compressor is plugged in and has a second set of black and black/yellow wire?

5 one one wire out of it and it is under the brake booster

I’ll look for more colors tomorrow thank you for the help
Short bed 4x4.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
#6. Looks like you have the Trailer option so I'd say that one is C915 (ground)
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio