13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2023 Vendor Swag

kramttocs
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Please reply with updates (ones to add, ones to remove, if attempted, succeeded, failed, etc).
I or another admin will update this main post to keep it current.
Thanks

LMC - Items being sent to Gary
NPD - email sent via Gary
Summit Racing - Items being sent to Gary
S&B - Does not provide advertising products
66 Auto Color (SEM) - Does not provide advertising products
Obsolete Classic Auto Parts
Off Road Warehouse
4 Wheel Parts (Toys for Trucks) - message left via Gary
Wilco Offroad
Jeff's Bronco Graveyard - email sent via Gary
Dennis Carpenter - email sent via Gary
Rock Auto - email sent via Gary
O'Reillys
AutoZone - online form submitted
ARP - Items being sent to Scott's address
SEM - email sent via Gary
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2023 Vendor Swag

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sent this note to LMC just now:

Tyler B. Reyes" <TylerU@longmotor.net>,
Keith Dickson <keith.lmctruck@gmail.com

Tyler - It is that time of year again.  Our truck show is Sept 16th instead of Labor Day weekend this time around.  Hope you can help us.  And the address is still the same - 15517 Colonial Ln, Skiatook, OK 74070.

Keith - Are you going to make it?  We'll have dinner again on Friday evening for all of the members of the Bullnose Forum, and lots of them are planning to come.  In fact we have Jeff from Quebec Province of Canada planning to be here in his Bullnose.  So hope you can make it again.  And would you want to have an LMC booth?

Thanks,
Gary</h5>

EDIT: Got this back from Tyler at 8AM on the 25th - "Thanks Gary.  I will get some LMC swag sent out a week or two prior to the scheduled event."
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And this one to Darrin Dewey: ddewey@npdlink.com

Hello, Darrin.  It is that time of year again.  I've attached the flyer and here's the same info as last year:
Trucks: 25
Goody bags: 60
Judging: Best Engine; Best Paint; Closest To Stock; Crowd Favorite; Best Upgrades.  And one other trophy will be awarded - Farthest Distance Driven
Address: Gary Lewis  15517 Colonial Ln, Skiatook, OK 74070
Other Info: I pay for all all show expenses and there are no entrance fees.  I run a forum for the Bullnose trucks and have a website with the world's best and most complete documentation
on those trucks.  Again, at my own expense with no adverts on the site.  There's a folder on the forum for info on the show, and there's a folder on the forum with vendor reviews, including NPD.
Hope you can help us again.

Thanks,
Gary

EDIT: Having not heard I sent this today, Aug 19th -

Darrin - I sent you a note on July 24th re my Ford truck show on Sept 16th.  Any news?

Thanks,
Gary

On Monday, 8/21, Darrin replied with "We gotcha in-queue and I'm certain marketing will hook you up with a package!"

And later Monday, the 21st, the package came in:
T-shirts: 2 XL's and 1 XXL  (What are they saying about Ford truck guys? )
Catalogs: 10 1948-79 & 10 1980 - 96
60 flyers that say you can get a free catalog

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And this one to info@broncograveyard.com:

It is that time of year again.  I'm having my truck show on Sept 16th and have attached the flyer to this email.  If there is something else you'd like me to fill out please let me know.

Here's some info on the show:

Trucks: 37 last year, but anticipating many more this year due to extensive advertising
Goody bags: many needed due to the number of attendees we are starting to draw
Judging: Best Engine; Best Paint; Closest To Stock; Crowd Favorite; Best Upgrades.  And one other trophy will be awarded - Farthest Distance Driven
Other Info: I pay for all all show expenses and there are no entrance fees.  I run a forum for the Bullnose trucks and have a website with the world's best and most complete documentation on those trucks.  Again, at my own expense with no adverts on the site.  There's a folder on the forum for info on the show, and there's a folder on the forum with vendor reviews, including JBG.

Thanks,
Gary

EDIT: Having not heard back I sent this today, Aug 19th, to info@broncograveyard.com -
Any news on my request for support for my Ford truck show?  Just need to figure out how to distribute what all the vendors have supplied to the winners.

Thanks,
Gary

On Monday the 21st I got the following back:
Hello,

This was sent over to our manager, Pat, at Pat@Broncograveyard.com. I'll send it to him again but please reach out to him directly as well.

Thanks,
Bronco Graveyard

And I've emailed Pat as well.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And this one to Anita Parks <aparks@dennis-carpenter.com>:

Anita - It is that time of the year again.  I'm having my Ford truck show on September 16th and am hoping you can help me this year.  I've attached the flyer and here's some info about the show and the forum/website:

Trucks: 37 last year, but anticipating many more this year due to extensive advertising
Other Info: I pay for all all show expenses and there are no entrance fees.  I run a forum for the Bullnose trucks and have a website with the world's best and most complete documentation on those trucks.  Again, at my own expense with no adverts on the site.  There's a folder on the forum for info on the show, and there's a folder on the forum with vendor reviews, including Dennis Carpenter.

Thanks,
Gary

Called Anita today, 8/21, and found that she passed my email on to Carol Martin.  So I sent her this message:

Carol - Anita tells me that she's no longer doing the support role for shows and that she's passed my email on to you.  I'm just following up to see if you are able to do anything to help as I need to figure out how best to allocate the contributions.

And I got this back from Carol:

Good afternoon Mr. Lewis,

Unfortunately, we no longer provide these services.  We do appreciate your consideration and wish you well in the future.

Carol Martin
Carpenter Industries, Inc.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And this to RockAuto Marketing <marketing@rockauto.com>:

It is that time of year again and I'm looking for help with my Ford truck show.  I've attached the flyer to this email, but note that the form I've filled out in the past says that it is "No longer accepting responses" and to email here.

Here's some info on the show as well as the forum and website:
Judging: Best Engine; Best Paint; Closest To Stock; Crowd Favorite; Best Upgrades.  And one other trophy will be awarded - Farthest Distance Driven
Other Info: I pay for all all show expenses and there are no entrance fees.  I run a forum for the Bullnose trucks and have a website with the world's best and most complete documentation on those trucks.  Again, at my own expense with no adverts on the site.  There's a folder on the forum for info on the show, and there's a folder on the forum with vendor reviews, including Rock Auto.

Hope you can help us again,
Gary Lewis

On 8/21, having not heard I called RA on 608-661-1376.  After listening to the preamble I pressed "3" for the receptionist.  Unfortunately no one answered, even though I was well within their opening hours, and I had to leave a message for "Marketing".  

Apparently they don't have a receptionist as I tried calling several times today and it always said no one was available.  But they gave me an option of typing in the person I'm trying to reach so I put in MAR for Marketing.  Instead I got Mark's voice mail.  Left him a message, but ...

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And this to Summit Racing via their email facility on their webpage:

It is that time of year again and I'm looking for help with my Ford truck show.  I've attached the flyer to this email, but thought I should provide a bit more info.

Here's some info on the show as well as the forum and website:
Other Info: I pay for all all show expenses and there are no entrance fees.  I run a forum for the Bullnose trucks and have a website with the world's best and most complete documentation on those trucks.  Again, at my own expense with no adverts on the site.  There's a folder on the forum for info on the show, and there's a folder on the forum with vendor reviews, including Summit Racing.

Hope you can help us again,
Gary Lewis

Links:
Forum & Documentation: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/
Vender Reviews: https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Vendor-Reviews-amp-Ratings-f71561.html  (You need to read yours)

EDIT: Here's the response I got back:

Thank you for your recent request for a donation from Summit Racing for your upcoming event.

A Summit Racing car show kit is  being sent to you at the address you have provided free of charge that will contain the following items to support the first 100 participants at your event.

Qty
*1 - 3 ft. x 8 ft. Summit Racing banner
* 100 Summit Racing bags
* 100 Summit Racing decal sheets
* 100 Vehicle and owner identification windshield cards
*  50 Kid's choice voting ballots
*  50 Kid's choice decals

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Called the local 4WP and they answered "Toys For Trucks".  Turns out they've changed their name.  But Jared is still the manager and he's supposed to call me back.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sent this message to SEM via the "Contact Us" selection on their webpage:

I have a Ford Truck show coming up on September 16th and am looking for "swag" for it.  And I run the Bullnose Forum with its significant trove of documentation on the 1980 - 86 Ford trucks (https://www.garysgaragemahal.com) wherein we tout your products.  In fact, I have a webpage that maps the Ford colors to your product numbers (https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/interior-paint.html), and I routinely point people both on my forum as well as the ~10 Facebook pages I'm on to it.

So, do you have promotional materials you'd like to send.  Gift cards?  Anything?

You can reach me at janeyandgary@gmail.com

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Wow! You are efficient
Scott

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
LOL!  I do try to re-use verbiage, but have to be careful not to call Vendor 2 by Vendor 1's name.  

And, by the way, I'm editing the posts where I explain what I've done to engage each vendor to include their responses.  That should keep things together and keep the traffic down a bit.

Today I went to the three auto parts stores in Skiatook, both to hang up flyers and to hit them up for "swag".  Here's the results:

Skiatook Auto Parts: Our member, DeWayne/93F3507.3, who runs the place, said he will ask the owner if he can donate a small tool kit.

O'Reilly's: Talked with Aaron King, who may be joining as he has an '84 w/a 300.  He said he will have the manager call me.

Bumper To Bumper: Ron, the assistant manager, give me the detail kit shown below:

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Went back to O'Reilly's and met the new, as of this week, manager.  And he gave me this jack for the show:

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Wow! That's great. You've had a lot more success than me.

Scott