1st spark plug access blocked

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1st spark plug access blocked

Techguy
i have a problem that i cannot find a resolution to or that anyone else has had before.  the ac compressor is blocking access to the 1st spark plug port.  its one of the bigger york or tecumseh compressor.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1st spark plug access blocked

Techguy
heres a picture of the issue

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/7LrR66xf/PXL-20230402-185212554.jpg[/img][/url]
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sorry for the late reply.

I can't get your pic to load on here so I downloaded it and that works.

But I don't see a way of getting to that plug w/o moving the compressor.  However, I don't think I've seen that way of mounting a compressor so am guessing that you have a dealer-installed system.

And, what's with that primer bulb?  Is it in the fuel line?  If so, why are there two lines?

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Techguy
no worries, there in lies one of the many problems im having with this truck. the cab is a 1985, the frame engine and such seems to be a 1980? i guess if it was dealer installed ac that would explain why i couldnt find any other people with this issue. kinda on the fence about continuing this restore, the whole truck is a frankenstein. in regards to the fuel bulb, i couldnt get the new fuel pump to run correctly so we were running it off a boat tank and running the pump line back into the boat tank, why theres two lines.