1990 460 Engine, complete, running, including ECU

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1990 460 Engine, complete, running, including ECU

Littlebeefy
My buddy is on his way to Alabama next week to pick up an engine, tranny, xfer case out of a 1990 with a ZF5. He only wants the tranny but the guy wants to sell the whole setup together. Given how hard it is to find a BB ZF5, he's pulling the trigger on it. The engine has the ECU and all of the wiring and is apparently ready to drop in. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll connect you. I'm sure it will be a good deal for someone who actually needs it. He's near Atlanta.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1990 460 Engine, complete, running, including ECU

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Interesting.  That's the same engine I pulled out of Huck, the half-truck.  It will be an EEC-IV system with speed density and bank fire.  But if someone wants to run the engine stock that will work great.  From my reading that system does almost as well as the EEC-V system on a stock engine.  It is just when you start changing cams, compression ratio, intake, exhaust, etc that the ECU gets its knickers in a twist.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI