classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1986 Bronco XLT...

emelio
Hello,

Browsing the Net I found this Webpage that contains the info that I was looking for . My son found and purchased for $100 a neglected 1986 Bronco XLT . Despite the fact that she had not been driven for the past 12 years, just sat outside in rain and snow, the body   was  in surprisingly "good" shape .  Had two broken windows on passenger side a broken windshield, a few missing AC parts but rust was  minimal;   351W, 5.8L engine   and a C6 tranny.
So far I have purchased a few parts that were missing or needed replaced  but since performance is what I have in mind I find this group to be  a great  info source for my project.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1986 Bronco XLT...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Your son stole that Bronco!  The captain's chairs alone are worth twice what he gave - I know 'cause I'm looking for a blue pair myself.  And if there's minimal rust he got a really, REALLY good deal!

So, where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and can add you with a city/state or zip.

Hope you and/or your son will start a thread in the main section or in Projects on your Bronco.  I'll follow along.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by emelio
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

emelio
This post was updated on .
Thanks Gary,
I knew it was a good deal after seeing the truck; before that I told him that "I did not need another rusty project" then I realized that I really needed that project..I intend to completely restore it, have bought new radiator, hoses, water pump,fan clutch, 130A alternator, sparkplugs,distributor, Edelbrock 1906 AVS2 carb, air cleaner etc. Have also plans to upgrade the C6 to the latest mods. Even if the odometer shows 63K I still  need to take a look inside the engine since it's been seating for too long. This is what I plan to do;what I can do right now is to wait for the spring to come since I do not have a garage or a good place to pull the engine out ...I see lots of experienced people here and I'll ask questions as work progresses.I'm also thinking to replace the intake manifold and  the exhaust system...
I am In Lynnwood , WA..
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Sounds like a good plan.  

You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

emelio
In reply to this post by grumpin
Hi grumpin! I'm glad I could join this group...