1984 Captains Chair Arm Rest Replacements?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1984 Captains Chair Arm Rest Replacements?

Jason2215
Hey all!

I'm actively searching but in the meantime wanted to see if anyone knew of a place or person (besides the junkyard/craigstlist/FB that I will already look at) has replacement arm rests for an '84/bullnose captain's chair? I had my seats reupholstered and the passenger side went fine, but when they took the covering off of the drivers side, I guess the molding was old and brittle and fell apart. He's stating there's not a way for him to "re-pack" the arm rest because it's the molded foam stuff, so I'm searching for replacements. I really love the arm rests and are one of the big reasons I wanted to keep the original seats. He has the coverings made for them and ready to go....just need some arm rests to cover.  As a possible solution, does anyone know what years/models would be interchangeable? (F150, van, etc).

Thanks!
1984 Bronco XLT
351W HO/C6

Jason, Ocean Springs, MS
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1984 Captains Chair Arm Rest Replacements?

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Jason2215
Thanks for the response!  Yeah I saw those and I guess they're probably the same PN as the Bronco?  I'd assume they are, but I'd hate to get them and they not fit correctly.  Hold up....that guy is in Pascagoula, literally 10 minutes from me.  Looks like I need to pay him a visit!
1984 Bronco XLT
351W HO/C6

Jason, Ocean Springs, MS
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The vans (E-Series), Broncos (U-Series), and pickups used the same seats, as this illustration shows:

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Jason2215
Boom.  Thanks guys.  Much needed confirmation on the fitment to put me at ease  

I messaged the seller to see if I can pick them up.  Hopefully the foam is in better shape than mine!
1984 Bronco XLT
351W HO/C6

Jason, Ocean Springs, MS
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Jason2215
In reply to this post by Jason2215
Just to close it out (I know you were holding your breath with anticipation) I picked up the F-250 arms last night and they're in really good shape.  The foam anyway.  I think they'll work great.  Thanks guys!
1984 Bronco XLT
351W HO/C6

Jason, Ocean Springs, MS
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Glad it worked out.  Good job, David!  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Result!
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jason2215
This post was updated on .
Here's the before/afters for the arm rests.  Felt pretty good to get the seats back in after sitting on the garage floor for so long.  Interior is almost back together-ish.  The replacement dash pad from USA1 Interiors should be here in a month or so (it has been backordered for months and I finally got notification it would be ready in 3 weeks).  With the covers removed, you can see the F250 armrests are in much better shape than the ones that came off the Bronco....I can never figure out how to keep the pictures upright in this forum

1984 Bronco XLT
351W HO/C6

Jason, Ocean Springs, MS
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Looking good, Jason!  I love the look of that interior.  And you are right, the other arm rests were in much better shape.

On the pics, you have to open them in another app and save them.  That usually re-orients them.  Usually.

The deal is that when you take a picture your camera encodes orientation information in the metadata.  Smart phones, tablets, and most software read that information and orient the picture properly for display.  But most forums, including this one, don't read that data.

Opening the pic in another app, like Photoshop, typically re-orients the pic.  So if you save it that usually saves it with the correct orientation.

Or, learn to always take your pics with the camera oriented the "proper" way.   (Just kidding.  I don't know what the "proper" way is on my iPhone, and I always edit the file.)

Reply | Threaded
|

Jason2215
Thanks!  I know the red isn't for everybody, but I think it's pretty unique and really stands out (for better or worse!)
1984 Bronco XLT
351W HO/C6

Jason, Ocean Springs, MS
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Nice work!
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
It is looking great! I will admit red is not for me, but as you a a Coug you can carry it off!
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Jason2215
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Thanks guys!! Now on to all the leaks....
1984 Bronco XLT
351W HO/C6

Jason, Ocean Springs, MS
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
More layers of the onion.