Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: (no subject)

Ford F834
Administrator
Taden Nishikawa wrote
Anything works. I just want to get locks on my doors
Taden, I'm thinking I will just mail you the whole set for both doors, that way you will for sure have everything you need and you will have a set of latches outside of the truck to look at that will help you figure out how the rods connect. I don't believe the usps is open today (Columbus Day Federal holiday), but I will try to get the parts sent out tomorrow.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Taden Nishikawa
Okay sweet! Thanks!

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 1:42 PM Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Taden Nishikawa wrote
Anything works. I just want to get locks on my doors
Taden, I'm thinking I will just mail you the whole set for both doors, that way you will for sure have everything you need and you will have a set of latches outside of the truck to look at that will help you figure out how the rods connect. I don't believe the usps is open today (Columbus Day Federal holiday), but I will try to get the parts sent out tomorrow.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 SRW under construction-- 7.3 IDIT R&D 64mm intercooled turbo 150cc IP stage 1 cam main girdle 13" Southbend clutch ZF-5 + DNE2 overdrive 4.10 axle gears hydroboost brakes

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4 conversion-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, Gear Vendor OD in the works

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To unsubscribe from 1981 Ford F100 door locks, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Taden - Didn't I tell you that you would get help on this forum?  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Taden Nishikawa
Yes sir!

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 2:26 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Taden - Didn't I tell you that you would get help on this forum?  
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads, Weiand intake, Street Demon 750/ZF5/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/T19/3.55's

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
To unsubscribe from 1981 Ford F100 door locks, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

FoxFord33
If you are interested in having just one key, I did a writeup on another forum, but I will be transferring it over here because it is relevant to what many want to do with their keys. I will have to find where I put it again, but it has all the info for making the ignition key the one to use.
Ford Grand Wagoneer - 1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer preparing to receive a Ford drivetrain...

A Keeper - 1993 F-150 XLT Super-Cab 5.0 EFI 2WD E4OD 8.8" with 3.55 gear Sold it for my Grand Wagoneer project!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1981 Ford F100 door locks

JohnnyD
In reply to this post by Ford F834
Do you still have the sliders for the door locks? One of them busted on my 1981 F150. I'm also replacing the door panels and have to decide whether to try to locate a replacement slider (they seem pretty rare) or go with pin locks. I understand that the rod and pin will fit on the latch (21812), but that it will work backwards (up is lock, down is open) unless I replace the latches. Anyway, as I'm sure you experienced, there's a trickle-down effect on a seemingly simple replacement.

So, if you still have at least one of the sliders (I have the rod still), let me know. If not, any clues where I might find one?

Thanks.
"Old Blue" 1981 F150 Custom, short box, 2wd, straight 6, manual 4-speed; purchased new in NY, now happy in Oregon
Reply | Threaded
|

Slider lock

JohnnyD
In reply to this post by Taden Nishikawa
Taden, did you ever get the slider you needed? I have an 81 F150 and just one of my sliders is missing, so I'm looking for the slider that mounts on the inside door panel; I still have the rod. Let me know if you ended up with an extra slider. Thanks.
"Old Blue" 1981 F150 Custom, short box, 2wd, straight 6, manual 4-speed; purchased new in NY, now happy in Oregon
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Slider lock

FuzzFace2
Someone, LMC or Denis Carpenter, not long ago was selling the slider lock part.
I should have bought them as I have none at all.
Maybe I will go looking and buy them as I have Bday money just given to me ;)
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Slider lock

JohnnyD
Yep, it was Dennis Carpenter. Has a bunch of LH ones, but only 1 RH one (in my shopping basket right now). Thanks.