1/43 scale Bullnose

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1/43 scale Bullnose

rcarlisle
Got this over the weekend from am eBay order earlier this month.  From France, about$27 delivered.  

Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1/43 scale Bullnose

grumpin
Cool!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, that is really cool!  Did you send them pics and they recreated your truck?  Do you have a link?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
Linky:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/184326038971?hash=item2aeab025bb:g:NmQAAOSws4te43BK   Same listing renewed that I bought from.   There are a couple variations on the seller's store as well.  Nothing closer to my truck.  

I wish I could havea one custom painted in my colors.   I would paint this one but I'd lose the tiny little tampos on the hood and fenders.   And it is an F100.   No big deal though.  I went in and painted the doors and tailgate letters myself.  Trimmed the fenders with a silver Sharpie.  Glad my trim is simple, Just around tyhe fender openings.  
Randy

Mt. Airy, NC   81 F-150 STYLESIDE regular cab 2wd.   302 Auto Zone crate.  5 spd M5od-R2  
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks!

It is said to be an ‘82 but has the grille and hood lettering from an 80 or 81.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
I wasn't sure when they changed and it matched mine close enough, so I didn't worry about it.   That's about as good as you can find for a scale model that is complete.  
Randy

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
Nice find! Wish it were a little bigger, as in 1/24 to 1/25th scale. Revell makes a 1/24th scale kit but it's a stepside.  
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
I agree.  I have all the things I need to make a styleside from the Revell kit.   A bronco body, bed insides and taillights, gate, and parts from a 91.  2wd suspension from the 91 as well.   Wheels and manual trans from aftermarket resin caster.   Just go to get to measuring and cutting.  I've been working in my building where my workbench is so haven't had a proper space to start hacking things up.  

I will post on that as soon as I get started on it more.
Randy

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
So, where will you get the style side bed from?
John

Reply | Threaded
|

rcarlisle
This is where it gets ugly.  I have an extra cab and a Bronco body to hack into the sides of the bed.  It's going to be complicated and involved.   Will involve saws, sanding, and filler and cussing.  Lots of cussing, I'm sure.  That's why I have to do it in my outbuilding where no one knows the words that come out of my mouth and mind.   I can't remember - the Bronco body have same rear overhang as the truck bed?   I started comparing, but have forgotten my plan.  

Hood will be glued shut as the engine compartment is the old dent side style engine room.  And I'm not going to convert that just to show a stock 302 that would not have all the correct stuff.  The interior is a base Custom, but I think I'm going to photo reduce my actual dash areas to make it sorta right.  

It will take longer than buildng a real truck probably for me.  
Randy

Reply | Threaded
|

Machspeed
Administrator
rcarlisle wrote
Lots of cussing, I'm sure.  That's why I have to do it in my outbuilding where no one knows the words that come out of my mouth and mind.  

It will take longer than buildng a real truck probably for me.
That's some funny stuff....
John