Bullnose Forums

Engine Swap: 1989 FI 7.5L / OD AT into 1982 F150

A carb adapter from Price Motorsports (CA-460EFI) is $125

An HEI style 429/460 ignition can be had for as low as $50 on eBay from Skip White.

A Bosch style relay to feed that distributor.

Beyond that you'd need an electric fuel pump (or earlier 460 timing case with provision for a mechanical one)

Some kind of aircleaner for the retrofitted carb.

I think you will need to swap the radiator and cobble together a 3" exhaust system from the existing headpipes that fits under your pickup.

It's not impossible or too daunting if you are willing to use off the shelf aftermarket parts.

If you want factory efi..... not so easy. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Well said, Jim. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well said, Jim. :nabble_smiley_good:

I seem to have ignored the E4OD :nabble_smiley_blush:

And the fact that he has a column mounted shifter.

But I'm willing to bet that someone would be more than glad to swap it for a healthy C6.

A T-19 or even a Zf.

A manual would necessitate a hydraulic clutch conversion though.

Where a C6 only needs a vacuum source and a kickdown.

Does B&M or Lokar still make a floor shifter for C6?

I seem to have ignored the E4OD :nabble_smiley_blush:

And the fact that he has a column mounted shifter.

But I'm willing to bet that someone would be more than glad to swap it for a healthy C6.

A T-19 or even a Zf.

A manual would necessitate a hydraulic clutch conversion though.

Where a C6 only needs a vacuum source and a kickdown.

Does B&M or Lokar still make a floor shifter for C6?

Yeah, I overlooked the E4OD as well. And, since it requires a computer to control it, just going with a carb adapter isn't enough. A Baumann Quick2, their cheapest controller, is $455 the cost start mounting.

As you said, a manual needs the hydraulic clutch conversion, and I'd recommend the firewall stiffener when doing it, so there's more money. Which makes a big block C6 the easiest and cheapest solution - initially. But, over the long haul you'll pay some of that back with the poorer MPG due to the lack of an OD and the slipping torque converter.

Yeah, I overlooked the E4OD as well. And, since it requires a computer to control it, just going with a carb adapter isn't enough. A Baumann Quick2, their cheapest controller, is $455 the cost start mounting.

As you said, a manual needs the hydraulic clutch conversion, and I'd recommend the firewall stiffener when doing it, so there's more money. Which makes a big block C6 the easiest and cheapest solution - initially. But, over the long haul you'll pay some of that back with the poorer MPG due to the lack of an OD and the slipping torque converter.

When I put the carbed 351 in my '89 F250, I replaced the Mazda 5 speed with a C-6 (already with the engine) because of my 75 year knees. Don't regret it one bit. I used a Hurst Pro-Matic 2 floor shifter and it works just fine.