Bullnose Forums

Weird bullnose mods

Yes, I'm surprised it fit. But not only is the back tire in a different place, I think the front tire is as well.

Crown Vic's are only around ~114" and the Town Cars didn't have THAT much bigger doors/more rear leg room.

WB on these trucks is 133, so there's definitely something funny going on.

If someone were going to lengthen the Lincoln frame they wouldn't overshoot by that much intentionally.

Crown Vic's are only around ~114" and the Town Cars didn't have THAT much bigger doors/more rear leg room.

If someone were going to lengthen the Lincoln frame they wouldn't overshoot by that much intentionally.

something had to be done with it definately. I'm sure if you looked it from behind, the tires would be to far in, or at least what i can tell. I wanted, still want, to put the rear end of my parts truck in my ranchero, but from what i can tell, the tires would stick way to far out. My 95 vic and the ranchero have relatively the same size back axel

something had to be done with it definately. I'm sure if you looked it from behind, the tires would be to far in, or at least what i can tell. I wanted, still want, to put the rear end of my parts truck in my ranchero, but from what i can tell, the tires would stick way to far out. My 95 vic and the ranchero have relatively the same size back axel

You never know how many wheel spacers are stacked in there.

If you replace the studs with all-thread anything is possible! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Crown Vic's are only around ~114" and the Town Cars didn't have THAT much more bigger doors/rear leg room.

133" is long wheelbase. This truck is a short wheelbase, so only 117".

I really dislike these swaps, but like anything else I try not to shoot my mouth off too much as we all have different tastes and not everybody likes my ideas either;).

Edit...screen shot below from Google shows that the 1999 Town Car chassis has a 117.7" wheelbase, which is pretty darn close to the pickup's original 117" wheelbase. Either way, it's still off by more than 3/4" in my opinion;).

town_car.jpg.88dcd03725f4423b2d70a716437fad22.jpg

Crown Vic's are only around ~114" and the Town Cars didn't have THAT much more bigger doors/rear leg room.

133" is long wheelbase. This truck is a short wheelbase, so only 117".

I really dislike these swaps, but like anything else I try not to shoot my mouth off too much as we all have different tastes and not everybody likes my ideas either;).

Edit...screen shot below from Google shows that the 1999 Town Car chassis has a 117.7" wheelbase, which is pretty darn close to the pickup's original 117" wheelbase. Either way, it's still off by more than 3/4" in my opinion;).

I guess I hadn't noticed anything but the dual filler doors. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Looks like they tucked it back that far to clear the radiator, but probably would have been better with the shorter Crown Vic chassis.

I do know people adapt those front ends to drop their pickups.