Bullnose Forums

Autolite 2150 carb

Holley

I ended up sending nick out in the freezing cold to pull that 2150, i was , well still am, going to re jet it I found the problem, i think. The gasket on the bottom is completely blown out and the whole 1 side is full of carbon. This kind of sucks in a way. With the ranchero, just like Brutus, I think i did some stuff backwards. I rebuilt that carb and gave the engine a tune up before we parked it. Sitting parked for 5 years, i can understand some stuff going bad. All my spark plug wires went bad ( dry rot ) I could imagine what i'm going to find inside that carb.

Gary. I understand now what you are talking about by polishing, makes sense. I'm going to give it a try, i'm still going to rebuild it, the intake i found isnt in stock until next week and we really really really want to finally drive this thing, after 5 years. I know it's off topic, but if you had this, wouldn't you want to drive it, LOL. Merry Christmas yall20221211_143122.jpg.97452db577773f5d43d132f240da5f0c.jpg

20221211_142941.jpg.e224946ce7300987fa3dfee78b191b9a.jpg

I ended up sending nick out in the freezing cold to pull that 2150, i was , well still am, going to re jet it I found the problem, i think. The gasket on the bottom is completely blown out and the whole 1 side is full of carbon. This kind of sucks in a way. With the ranchero, just like Brutus, I think i did some stuff backwards. I rebuilt that carb and gave the engine a tune up before we parked it. Sitting parked for 5 years, i can understand some stuff going bad. All my spark plug wires went bad ( dry rot ) I could imagine what i'm going to find inside that carb.

Gary. I understand now what you are talking about by polishing, makes sense. I'm going to give it a try, i'm still going to rebuild it, the intake i found isnt in stock until next week and we really really really want to finally drive this thing, after 5 years. I know it's off topic, but if you had this, wouldn't you want to drive it, LOL. Merry Christmas yall

Merry Christmas! I hope Santa presents you with a driveable car once you rebuild that carb!

Merry Christmas! I hope Santa presents you with a driveable car once you rebuild that carb!

Jim, do you remember if either of the carbs have the Ford accelerator adaptor? I'm going to abandon the 2150 and wait to get one of the carbs from you. the 2150 needs to much, a carb kit, and it uses the expensive one, and new jets. I can take those bucks and put it toward the new intake.

Jim, do you remember if either of the carbs have the Ford accelerator adaptor? I'm going to abandon the 2150 and wait to get one of the carbs from you. the 2150 needs to much, a carb kit, and it uses the expensive one, and new jets. I can take those bucks and put it toward the new intake.

I'm pretty sure they both have the Ford throttle cable ball stud, if that's what you're asking.

Neither have a transmission kickdown arm, but easily available from Holley or Edelbrock

Spending Christmas with family. I will email you photos of both when I get back.