Bullnose Forums

Starter Solenoid - Suppression Diode?

ckuske

Hi Chris.

It seems you got prompt service from Maniac, as I have. :nabble_smiley_good:

It doesn't really matter which way the battery and starter cables go.

But you will find continuity between the S terminal and the mounting plate should only go one way in diode test mode. (Ohms mode may not load it enough)

This prevents an inductive spike from killing the front end transistors in the EEC.

When you get it mounted to the fander just attach battery and all fusible links to the forward stud and the starter cable to the reward side.

Edit: from the photo on their page I would say connect the battery to the stud with the nut unscrewed.

Thanks Jim! Gonna try it today or tomorrow. Hope you’re having a good holiday and staying warm.

Not to be a jerk but it’s 80 here. I wish it was somewhere between this and the eastern half of the country!

Thanks Jim! Gonna try it today or tomorrow. Hope you’re having a good holiday and staying warm.

Not to be a jerk but it’s 80 here. I wish it was somewhere between this and the eastern half of the country!

That whole coastal area west of LA (Malibu, Ventura, Santa Barbara) seems to have a beautiful climate. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I'm glad you can enjoy it!

Thankfully here on the Long island Sound we've been spared the brunt of the snow and subzero weather.

Lots of wind and rain Thurs and Friday with power outages but the cold was only down to single digits and it's up in the teens today.

Winter just started. We have a couple of months of cold and snow to come here in the northeast

That whole coastal area west of LA (Malibu, Ventura, Santa Barbara) seems to have a beautiful climate. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I'm glad you can enjoy it!

Thankfully here on the Long island Sound we've been spared the brunt of the snow and subzero weather.

Lots of wind and rain Thurs and Friday with power outages but the cold was only down to single digits and it's up in the teens today.

Winter just started. We have a couple of months of cold and snow to come here in the northeast

It is very nice here. I grew up here, so I am a bit spoiled - you pay for the real estate though (and draconian smog laws, don't get me started)...

Just following up, I got the solenoid installed and all is well! Thank you for all your help and advice.