Bullnose Forums

Electrical issue.

Matt D

A Few questions:

The RED colored cable, is that the cable that goes to the battery Positive terminal?

The Black Cable, is that the cable that goes to the starter?

If it is, it looks like you have your fuse links on the WRONG side or post of the solenoid.

This would be causing your symptoms.

A Better picture of the solenoid and battery connections could be of help.

Hope this helps.

I switched the cables, still no power. I switched them back though because it was hard to manipulate the wires the other way. I'm getting 12.2v to the solenoid. I know I'm getting 12.2 on the battery, but I still think maybe the battery could be the issue? I'm sure I liked some cells having that ignition stuck for a while.

I switched the cables, still no power. I switched them back though because it was hard to manipulate the wires the other way. I'm getting 12.2v to the solenoid. I know I'm getting 12.2 on the battery, but I still think maybe the battery could be the issue? I'm sure I liked some cells having that ignition stuck for a while.

From the original picture,

You need to switch the fuse links (The smaller wire eyelets) connected to the black cable lug, and switch those fuse links to the Red cable Lug, without moving the larger cables around. The Fuse links need to be on the same lug as the Red Cable.

The fuse links need 12V constant battery power, an the way they are hooked up in the original picture, they are on the wrong side of the solenoid.

You need to switch the fuse links (The smaller wire eyelets) connected to the black cable lug, and switch those fuse links to the Red cable Lug, without moving the larger cables around. The Fuse links need to be on the same lug as the Red Cable.

The fuse links need 12V constant battery power, an the way they are hooked up in the original picture, they are on the wrong side of the solenoid.

Agreed!

You don't need to swap the big cables, you need to put all the fuse links on the stud with the battery cable.

9210476_orig.thumb.jpg.064ffebb9ecf03eb38e0f7837e4a3e95.jpg

2453977_orig.thumb.jpg.22a76a4df3988cdcff2d3382dc721060.jpg

Agreed!

You don't need to swap the big cables, you need to put all the fuse links on the stud with the battery cable.

Thanks guys, Matt said he had to go to a business party, and will get back to this tomorrow.

Hopefully having them switched around didn't blow any fuses.

That did it! I'm really not sure why six Sigma allowed me to be an industrial Electrician for two years. Haha. I owe you one bud.

That did it! I'm really not sure why six Sigma allowed me to be an industrial Electrician for two years. Haha. I owe you one bud.

But it still runs like dog turds though, right?

Matt said it dies at idle, and he will get back at it next weekend.

I know he cleaned the throttle body and IAC. I'm pretty sure he hasn't touched the timing. So....I'm thinking possible MAP, TPS, TPI module, distributor issue, vacuum leak.

Matt, I'd look and listen for a vacuum leak first, since that should be easy to find and fix.