Bullnose Forums

Dog Dish identification request

This place has a ton of hubcaps. But I didn’t see those for Ford at a glance. Maybe you’ll find them somewhere on the site.

As Jim said, may have to cut the hole for 4x4.

https://www.hubcaps.org/fordtruck.html

Thanks so much guys, that helps me a lot!

I'll measure the ones I have (they fit) to be sure about the diameter and the depth. Sure a hole has to be done for the front, even mine has it but too small to fit my front axle.

Many thanks!

🙏

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much guys, that helps me a lot!

I'll measure the ones I have (they fit) to be sure about the diameter and the depth. Sure a hole has to be done for the front, even mine has it but too small to fit my front axle.

Many thanks!

🙏

Yours have a hole but it's too small?

I'd infer that you have a D50 axle then? (The solid D60 front axle wasn't introduced until '85 1/2)

But you do have a D60 rear, LH lug nuts on the left? (the Sterling 10.25" was also a running change)

Yes. You have to be careful about the stickout of a full floating rear, that those rear hubcaps are deep enough.

Good luck. Let us know what you figure out.

Yours have a hole but it's too small?

I'd infer that you have a D50 axle then? (The solid D60 front axle wasn't introduced until '85 1/2)

But you do have a D60 rear, LH lug nuts on the left? (the Sterling 10.25" was also a running change)

Yes. You have to be careful about the stickout of a full floating rear, that those rear hubcaps are deep enough.

Good luck. Let us know what you figure out.

Jim, couple of months ago, I dig to identify Big Brother's axles.

The front axle tag was just enough readable (rusted) to confirm that front axle is a D50 4.10.

Marti report (lost my VCL sticker) indicates that the rear axle is a Conventional Dana 4.10.

So you are absolutely right to say that my front hub cap "hole diameter issue" is due to the D50 locks dimensions.

Although I accepted the fact that I will have to modify the hub caps I already have here, I am wondering if there were existing some front dog dishes for these D50 front axle. Never found any during my web searching, they always have too small center hole.

For the rear, seams that the right model for a one ton truck would be the deeper one. I have two here, ok condition but not perfect. But I do not understand why they should be deeper, since I tried a "normal" deep one and it fits. Tight, but it does.

The caps I already have on hands are boxed somewhere, have to take them out and verify their dimensions.

I'll post here some picts and their dimension. Will help to decide which "black ring" ones could fit on Big Bro.

Jim, couple of months ago, I dig to identify Big Brother's axles.

The front axle tag was just enough readable (rusted) to confirm that front axle is a D50 4.10.

Marti report (lost my VCL sticker) indicates that the rear axle is a Conventional Dana 4.10.

So you are absolutely right to say that my front hub cap "hole diameter issue" is due to the D50 locks dimensions.

Although I accepted the fact that I will have to modify the hub caps I already have here, I am wondering if there were existing some front dog dishes for these D50 front axle. Never found any during my web searching, they always have too small center hole.

For the rear, seams that the right model for a one ton truck would be the deeper one. I have two here, ok condition but not perfect. But I do not understand why they should be deeper, since I tried a "normal" deep one and it fits. Tight, but it does.

The caps I already have on hands are boxed somewhere, have to take them out and verify their dimensions.

I'll post here some picts and their dimension. Will help to decide which "black ring" ones could fit on Big Bro.

I know Ford made the style 3 covers (like we have) to fit the D50/60 hubs.

I've seen them on a truck before.

Might you have the semi-floating rear axle if you don't need the full depth type hub cap to fit?

For sure they won't fit my 10.25", but then I think my hubcaps are labeled E5TA, so that would be introduced after your truck was built.

I sure wish I could see the rest of the stupid applications listing I linked to above.

Maybe my phone is just too slow. IDK.

I know Ford made the style 3 covers (like we have) to fit the D50/60 hubs.

I've seen them on a truck before.

Might you have the semi-floating rear axle if you don't need the full depth type hub cap to fit?

For sure they won't fit my 10.25", but then I think my hubcaps are labeled E5TA, so that would be introduced after your truck was built.

I sure wish I could see the rest of the stupid applications listing I linked to above.

Maybe my phone is just too slow. IDK.

Seems like D8TZ 1130 (style 5) is available suffix -C = bright and -D= matte.

In both cases they are 12 5/16 diameter and only shown as fitting Vans and 2wd pickups.

This would lead you to believe that there should be an engineering revision 'A' and 'B' as well....

But I can't find ANY sign of those no matter where I search. 🤷‍♂️

Well, Jim, I am certainly not an expert in Ford trucks mechanical, barely an amateur. I would say a dummy, yep. I am learning as I read all the knowledge that friends share generously on this forum.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

So, you forced me to make some search and acquire one more concept I didn't know, about the floating and semi-floating axle types. And I discovered that this is not related about the air pressure in the tires enabling the truck to float if falling in a river.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

So, I conclude that Big Bro has a full-floating axle, observing the way the axle end pushes thought the wheel external face.

Am I right?

16B2AF81-175A-4587-99C3-19431EE9DBD2.jpeg.227f02719d47a4c4f0a52d636de146a3.jpeg

I confirm that regular dog dish fits on that, I tried it.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Well, Jim, I am certainly not an expert in Ford trucks mechanical, barely an amateur. I would say a dummy, yep. I am learning as I read all the knowledge that friends share generously on this forum.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

So, you forced me to make some search and acquire one more concept I didn't know, about the floating and semi-floating axle types. And I discovered that this is not related about the air pressure in the tires enabling the truck to float if falling in a river.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

So, I conclude that Big Bro has a full-floating axle, observing the way the axle end pushes thought the wheel external face.

Am I right?

I confirm that regular dog dish fits on that, I tried it.

:nabble_anim_confused:

I ask because these seem to be van hubcaps more than anything else, and a lot of vans used the semi float D60 (or the massive D70 for dually/cutaway applications like ambulance or box truck)

If they fit they fit. 🤷‍♂️

The shallow ones in your photo would never fit my 10.25".

I look at application charts like this one for semi float D60 axles and try to understand something like an '84 F-350 with a little 351...

1975-2003 Chrysler D350

1968-2008 Ford E-250

1968-2008 Ford E-300

1968-2008 Ford E-350

1968-1985 Ford F-250

1979-1985 Ford F-350

1973-1991 Chevrolet G3

I know you've got what you've got.

I appreciate your patience.

I'm not there looking at what you have in your hands

Just trying to figure out the unicorn

Jim, your help is so precious! It would be ungrateful of me if I was hurrying anybody here! And you push me to learn new things, I like it.

:nabble_smiley_beam:

I find it very interesting to dig and try to explain some mysterious things about these trucks. This kind of search can't be done if we don't relax and take our time.

:nabble_anim_working:

I had a very loaded week. This weekend I'll take some time to unwrap the dog dishes I have, measure them, try and take some pics.

:nabble_smiley_super:

Jim, your help is so precious! It would be ungrateful of me if I was hurrying anybody here! And you push me to learn new things, I like it.

:nabble_smiley_beam:

I find it very interesting to dig and try to explain some mysterious things about these trucks. This kind of search can't be done if we don't relax and take our time.

:nabble_anim_working:

I had a very loaded week. This weekend I'll take some time to unwrap the dog dishes I have, measure them, try and take some pics.

:nabble_smiley_super:

I hope you find some time to decompress, Jeff! 🤞

I will continue to dig into these type 5 hubcaps and see if we can decipher the mystery of the -A & -B suffix (although I seriously doubt they would be available)

The engineering and part numbers for the matte and shiny ones are in Gary's chart but I still can't get the full list to load on my phone or tablet.

Frustrating!!!!

Maybe you will have better luck.

I hope you find some time to decompress, Jeff! 🤞

I will continue to dig into these type 5 hubcaps and see if we can decipher the mystery of the -A & -B suffix (although I seriously doubt they would be available)

The engineering and part numbers for the matte and shiny ones are in Gary's chart but I still can't get the full list to load on my phone or tablet.

Frustrating!!!!

Maybe you will have better luck.

I can help with your request.

The Hubcap you are wanting is indeed type 5.

The part number for the 4WD version is E4TZ-1130-A 12 5/16 Bright Finish Aluminum Black Ring

Fits 1984/89+ F-250's with a 3800 front axle capacity. 3 1/4" diameter hole.

Will not Fit F-250 with 4600 capacity, or F-350

4WD Version of Type 5 first introduced according to the parts book 1984. Do not know if backwards compatible for older years, but should be if the 3 1/4 diameter hole would work.

No parts suppliers have any NOS.

One just sold on EBAY, nice picture included.

Hubcap_E4TZ-1130-A.jpg.6e9ff2c0ed8bc173c942e4b7131b8ef6.jpg