Bullnose Forums

Dog Dish identification request

Hi Gentlemen!

Can someone help me to identify these Dog Dish hub caps?

s-l1600.jpg.28166a342e36e28922c4439cb5548749.jpg

I have these ones, they look different...

s-l1600-2.jpg.1b7b563362739c41aa4ccff8356a5e58.jpg

Matter of taste, I prefer the final look of the "mysterious" ones. They create a circle that better define the wheel "roundness". Wow, not my best description, but you know what I mean.

Capture_dcran_2022-11-29__18.jpg.13b3ec889aaa2574904b484a0c454601.jpg

Capture_dcran_2022-11-30__16.jpg.92848fdb5c087ebb3610c0cd8dcefa5f.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those last ones are type 3

You have a lot of requirements depending on your rear axle and 4x4 (or not) and IF 4x4, is it D44 or D50/60?

Let me see if I can dig up the Ford #'s....

Jim, Big Brother is 4x4 and its front axle is 4.10 Dana.

I have a bunch here of the last hub caps model (the ones with the punch black rectangles). I have to clean them up and decide if I install them.

But I am curious about the "black circle" ones (I prefer them). Knowing their part # could facilitate my web search, if I decide to grab some instead of the ones I already have here.

Edit: I am not sure that the "black circle" ones exist for 4x4. The other model can handle a center hole for the front axle locks, but this could result in a "strange" design with the "black circle" model ones.

s-l1600-3.jpg.42834b389ae7f77f0b4b3e6ddb8a9e4b.jpg

I have a bunch here of the last hub caps model (the ones with the punch black rectangles). I have to clean them up and decide if I install them.

But I am curious about the "black circle" ones (I prefer them). Knowing their part # could facilitate my web search, if I decide to grab some instead of the ones I already have here.

Edit: I am not sure that the "black circle" ones exist for 4x4. The other model can handle a center hole for the front axle locks, but this could result in a "strange" design with the "black circle" model ones.

I think the ones you want are type 5.

Of course Gary has the part# listings in his documentation.....

https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/wheel-covers.html

You say 4x4 but what matters is the diameter of the lockout hub.

D44/44HD are ~3" while D50 & 60 are 4" or more.

Chris had all the different hubcaps posted over on FTE but those images vanished when his host went to a subscription service... 🔥

Hope this helps....

I'm lost. The black circle ones are Ford or Dodge ones? These trucks had the same wheels?

Capture_dcran_2022-11-30__18.jpg.a461791ea4bae00464d35ed528d71bf6.jpg

I'm lost. The black circle ones are Ford or Dodge ones? These trucks had the same wheels?

Ford and Dodge had the same lug pattern but the hub size on 4x4's was different and you might have to open up the wheel to make them fit.

But I don't see how that would affect a 2wd hubcap like is shown in the eBay listing.

Like I said, they resemble type 5, but it's obvious they are not the same.

Gary only has listings for the Bullnose years.

There are a lot more hubcaps that should fit but I can't find the illustrations over on FTE anymore.....

I guess I just need to dig a little deeper.

Arrrg! Gary's wheel cover listing shows 32 pages. I wait forever to load the damned thing and I can't scroll past pg.3. 😠

Ford and Dodge had the same lug pattern but the hub size on 4x4's was different and you might have to open up the wheel to make them fit.

But I don't see how that would affect a 2wd hubcap like is shown in the eBay listing.

Like I said, they resemble type 5, but it's obvious they are not the same.

Gary only has listings for the Bullnose years.

There are a lot more hubcaps that should fit but I can't find the illustrations over on FTE anymore.....

I guess I just need to dig a little deeper.

Arrrg! Gary's wheel cover listing shows 32 pages. I wait forever to load the damned thing and I can't scroll past pg.3. 😠

This listing says 1978-1984 Ford

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195492830132?hash=item2d8447dbb4:g:vWsAAOSwTSJjgl3C&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsJj4WTBUb8pLWzHZCqNiv3SMmCOvJqxE7j7xsLrthyP7CJEwCWXCwvBVvbkIrB3jOo6KJds2kdjrkUgEScnOvicB6SZ8sUqSmEIXU8p%2FJcDQ3kocRm37YhDV8D0rri6TM6LB0f7VQ4n8MgOMmNbJB9capLPbssnVOvpESgIIXr5sTT8ScIQ694gxvz0ISa9jYRQ7dRgctV3ku30%2FfWj5zgkap%2FIyI9WE0dWNfjpz9IAm%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-rv166ZYQ

(I can't find the 'share' button anymore)

s-l500.jpg.b1a0275c9cd2aad1517464fe9f1b3553.jpg

Scotty's Hubcaps has these stainless repo's in sets of four or individually.

https://scottyshubcaps.com/product/1970s-80s-ford-3-4-ton-1-ton-pickup-truck-van-dog-dish-hubcaps-set4-new/

This place has a ton of hubcaps. But I didn’t see those for Ford at a glance. Maybe you’ll find them somewhere on the site.

As Jim said, may have to cut the hole for 4x4.

https://www.hubcaps.org/fordtruck.html