Bullnose Forums

BRICKNOSE 1988 F250 XLT Lariat SUPERCAB 7.3IDI MINI RESTORATION

Ray Cecil

Thanks. Yeah I think Ford did the plastic side molding with tape. I guess I can maybe slowly peel them off, but I'm afraid I'll distorted the plastic, or cause some damage otherwise. I guess I was hoping there was a fancy way to hold my mouth and they'd fall off. Lol

Yeah I think if you pull on them it will distort them.

Maybe some strong string or wire and floss it off.

I believe you can find the molding pre made and by the foot that you cut yourself.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you can find the molding pre made and by the foot that you cut yourself.

Any idea if the pre-made stuff is a factory exact match? I don't want something that looks cheap or incorrect. I've thought about just not putting it back on....like my paint guy suggested, but I kinda like the factory look.

Any idea if the pre-made stuff is a factory exact match? I don't want something that looks cheap or incorrect. I've thought about just not putting it back on....like my paint guy suggested, but I kinda like the factory look.

I think it’s close. I’ve never bought it. Maybe someone has.

Here’s what LMC has.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/molding/fd-1987-96-styleside-body-side-molding

I think it’s close. I’ve never bought it. Maybe someone has.

Here’s what LMC has.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1980-96-ford/molding/fd-1987-96-styleside-body-side-molding

Dane, that's perfect actually. It's precut and has the correct end treatments. I'll just pull this old stuff off and get new later if I damage the old stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Dane, that's perfect actually. It's precut and has the correct end treatments. I'll just pull this old stuff off and get new later if I damage the old stuff.

Aight....someone school me on trailer brake controllers and the factory wiring harness. Is there a factory trailer brake harness plug under the dash, or will an entire harness need to be purchased? I just sold both of my non brake axle trailers, and am purchasing a 14,000lbs trailer to haul my 5500lb tractor around on. A 7k car hauler seems to me to be pushing the trailer rating if I load a 5500lb tractor. That only leaves 1500lbs for the weight of the trailer. So I'm going bigger trailer to be safe. I cannot find any 10k-12k trailers around here.

So....I have a gooseneck hitch, but I need it to be a bumper pull, because I'll be pulling it with my Loadstar 1600 as well.

I've got a deal with a local tree service company, and I'll be hauling in a lot of firewood and mill logs this next year.

Aight....someone school me on trailer brake controllers and the factory wiring harness. Is there a factory trailer brake harness plug under the dash, or will an entire harness need to be purchased? I just sold both of my non brake axle trailers, and am purchasing a 14,000lbs trailer to haul my 5500lb tractor around on. A 7k car hauler seems to me to be pushing the trailer rating if I load a 5500lb tractor. That only leaves 1500lbs for the weight of the trailer. So I'm going bigger trailer to be safe. I cannot find any 10k-12k trailers around here.

So....I have a gooseneck hitch, but I need it to be a bumper pull, because I'll be pulling it with my Loadstar 1600 as well.

I've got a deal with a local tree service company, and I'll be hauling in a lot of firewood and mill logs this next year.

In the Bullnose era the trailer brake wiring was an option, as shown below.

1985-etm-page134.thumb.jpg.67c476c029c7a36af23019d7b4018d5a.jpg

And if you have it then you have C1101 under the dash, as shown below. You can see where I wired my Tekonsha 90195 P3 controller in, It works really well and I like it.

Trailer_Brake_Controller_Connector.thumb.jpg.b9c77cd3fc2d5f4dd3d9fca0346257cf.jpg

In the Bullnose era the trailer brake wiring was an option, as shown below.

And if you have it then you have C1101 under the dash, as shown below. You can see where I wired my Tekonsha 90195 P3 controller in, It works really well and I like it.

Thanks Gary, I'll get all 15 layers of clothes on and go see what I have. Thanks!

Will there be an additional plug near the rear bumper to splice in a 7 pin connector?