Bullnose Forums

BRICKNOSE 1988 F250 XLT Lariat SUPERCAB 7.3IDI MINI RESTORATION

Ray Cecil

Yep...

You said "cover" in your post above, that's why I asked.

Yeah....well cover is what I call it. What else would you call it?

An upholstery kit.

Just like LMC, Raybuck, Dennis Carpenter, Stock Interiors, Seatz, Classic Industries or anyone else does, in order to distinguish it from a 'fitted cover' or a Mexican blanket.

I can't think of anyone that does an off the shelf kit for the Bricknose only 50/50 seats.

I can ask my auto interior guy Jeff tomorrow when he's open. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An upholstery kit.

Just like LMC, Raybuck, Dennis Carpenter, Stock Interiors, Seatz, Classic Industries or anyone else does, in order to distinguish it from a 'fitted cover' or a Mexican blanket.

I can't think of anyone that does an off the shelf kit for the Bricknose only 50/50 seats.

I can ask my auto interior guy Jeff tomorrow when he's open. :nabble_smiley_good:

Thanks Jim. I'll call a couple local shops too.

I'll probably always call it a cover though...I'm stubborn.

Is there a trick to getting the factory side moldings off without destroying them?

What do you all think about the side molding? Should I scrap them, or save them and reinstall. The painter suggested doing pin striping at the color transitions.....like we do on the two tone roof....where the top color transitions to the side color. If I can remove these without destroying them, I'd prefer to make it look factory.

An upholstery kit.

20221130_200336.jpg.2fe0e9f755887b224ac2ee7957e6d3f2.jpg

20221130_200344.jpg.6bfe7a2b0ff68d93fbfa19612b926c65.jpg

20221130_200348.jpg.77cff66d010a340a4799a69f358c0b1b.jpg

20221130_200353.jpg.5018b065db33051a8cef9775b00aeae4.jpg

Here are some interior shots. A little dirty. You can see the seat Cover....cough ...upholstery....has seen better days. I'd love to get this same pattern. Not sure if that is possible though.

Here are some interior shots. A little dirty. You can see the seat Cover....cough ...upholstery....has seen better days. I'd love to get this same pattern. Not sure if that is possible though.

I missed Jeff today. 😒

Been running around like a nut and yesterday was washed out with rain coming sideways.

I missed Jeff today. 😒

Been running around like a nut and yesterday was washed out with rain coming sideways.

Not a problem Jim. I've got time.

This month I am stripping the trim and everything off the truck to save some time and money at the body shop. It'll be there 4 to 6 weeks. He is stripping it down to bare metal, fixing the dings, then base coat clear original colors. Going to look brand new.

Not a problem Jim. I've got time.

This month I am stripping the trim and everything off the truck to save some time and money at the body shop. It'll be there 4 to 6 weeks. He is stripping it down to bare metal, fixing the dings, then base coat clear original colors. Going to look brand new.

It is going to look great!

(I’m traveling so can’t comment very often.)

Found a pic of the gearvendors unit.

https://raybuck.com/product/1987-1991-ford-pickup-50-50-split-backrest-seat-cover-kit-with-bench-bottom-and-seat-belt-pass-thrus-no-headrests-closed-back/

Hey Jim, ever heard of these guys? They carry a 50/50 upholstery kit designed for 87-91. Lots of colors. I don't see the factory XLT Lariat patter though.

I requested a few samples of their blue vinyl