Bullnose Forums

Electrical distribution and lighting upgrades?

ratdude747

I did aim the RH light... it was way off. I haven't fine tuned it... would like to find a set of Hoppy aimers as I don't have immediate access to 25' of level ground with a place to aim (my driveway isn't super flat).

Edit- Found a set for a really good price:

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/hoppy-headlight-aimer/6094230550596053

I'll either pick them up this weekend or have them shipped, pending on what the seller comes back with on a shipping estimate (and how adventurous I feel like being).

Damn, I have most of a set in the factory carrying case. If you find another set I would love to get it. I have a nice level garage floor to be able to use them.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I have most of a set in the factory carrying case. If you find another set I would love to get it. I have a nice level garage floor to be able to use them.

Level floor not required. The knobs are for compensation and part of the units are used to set the value (and if you use the same spot every time, one can just write down the values and preset them when aiming).

Video on how to use these:

Level floor not required. The knobs are for compensation and part of the units are used to set the value (and if you use the same spot every time, one can just write down the values and preset them when aiming).

That is really cool, Larry! I hope you get it. Do your headlights have those three little nibs? My Koitos don't have those, so I wonder how that is handled?

Koito_Closeup.thumb.jpg.716b8484615d6bfe195cbccc2c7616af.jpg

Bought the aimers. Should be here on Saturday.

Sounds good! I got your email, and sent an offer. That looks like there is only one aimer which will give me three. Thanks!

Yep. Figured that might be of interest to you.

---

40A breakers came in. The fuse panel cover isn't meant for breaker use though, but a drill, utility knife, snips, and a file fixed that problem:

322827480_853622579278318_1158331863262146075_n.thumb.jpg.2eda5d91d424715b13a10a20d9c29574.jpg

For future reference, on these panels one one of the two break-offs on the fuse legs needs removed to fit flush.

Working on a fuse chart to keep in the glove box... for a period Ford didn't label fuse boxes either (RTM to find the chart, at least on my 1995 Ranger), so I guess such isn't completely a cop-out?

Yep. Figured that might be of interest to you.

---

40A breakers came in. The fuse panel cover isn't meant for breaker use though, but a drill, utility knife, snips, and a file fixed that problem:

For future reference, on these panels one one of the two break-offs on the fuse legs needs removed to fit flush.

Working on a fuse chart to keep in the glove box... for a period Ford didn't label fuse boxes either (RTM to find the chart, at least on my 1995 Ranger), so I guess such isn't completely a cop-out?

And the Fuse Layout (deleted post, redone due to a minor error in the document):

Screenshot_2023-01-12_205324.thumb.png.fddf7e9032bb720a4bec9a80284556b8.png

F150_Fuse_Panel_Layout.ods

F150_Fuse_Panel_Layout.xlsx