Bullnose Forums

Electrical distribution and lighting upgrades?

ratdude747

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry, he accepted my offer ($40) and will ship Monday (doubtful as it is a holiday) so I now will have three aimers and all the attachments.

Good to hear. Glad I could be of use.

---

My aimers came in today. Everything is there, but there's a couple of broken pieces that thanfully I didn't need for my application (I've JB-welded them back together). Even had an obscure set of adapters for super-slanted Saturn housings (which is good, my buddy is a 3rd Gen Saturn fanboy who apparently needs his headlights aimed on his two Saturns).

Anyway, the only issues I had was dirty mirrors (which I will clean later- may have to disasseble the units) and poor suction (Had one aimer fall off- wetting the cup with a hose helped). Per the aimers, my headlights were too low and both too far to the right.

Results:

IMG_20230114_214949.jpg.eec5efbcecf4f9e93d0259727ae623a2.jpg

IMG_20230114_214946.jpg.1640605830560fb74de9a99092c9a675.jpg

Not too shabby? No JW speaker, but also about half the cost!

---

My aimers came in today. Everything is there, but there's a couple of broken pieces that thanfully I didn't need for my application (I've JB-welded them back together). Even had an obscure set of adapters for super-slanted Saturn housings (which is good, my buddy is a 3rd Gen Saturn fanboy who apparently needs his headlights aimed on his two Saturns).

Anyway, the only issues I had was dirty mirrors (which I will clean later- may have to disasseble the units) and poor suction (Had one aimer fall off- wetting the cup with a hose helped). Per the aimers, my headlights were too low and both too far to the right.

Results:

Good job, Larry!

• 2 weeks later...

Good job, Larry!

Larry, I received mine 20 Jan. I tried sending you a message through the site, but don't think it went through. I have an extra case due to now having 3 aimers. Unfortunately, part of the "universal" adapters were bad in the new set. The ones I would use on Darth (black set) are missing one support and one more was broken. (Darth has a 1990 front clip that came with the EFI engine and E4OD). My konvertible has the 4 small rectangular lights so I have those.

My original set has Marquette on the case, but the units are Hoppy. It was given to me by the owner of a Sunoco station that was to be torn down with a couple of other places for a strip mall on US 17 in Suffolk VA.

On the "universal" adapters, do you have the articulating suction cups and extensions? If not, I have two complete sets and extra extensions.

On cleaning the mirrors, easiest way I found, is this:

(1) remover the end that the suction cup is in (3 screws) then pull the end and suction cup out.

(2) remove the 6 screws from the bottom cover then lift it off the pegs and remove it and vacuum piston.

(3) one mirror (rear) won't come out, dual fixed set has 1 screw, moveable mirror has 1 screw and a spring. They can be removed or cleaned in place.

• 6 months later...

---

Results:

Larry, I know this is late, but, I was able to locate a set of both large and small adapters still in the package to complete my set.

I still have the extra parts and carrying case that I can send you for the shipping cost if you are still interested.