Bullnose Forums

New member, Hello!

Tommy_Tunes

I've unplugged the 2 wiring plugs at the alternator- test light from negative peg to ground wire still glows.

I'm hoping to find fuel pump cutoff relays, but the pic sent to me isn't what physically exists under my hood!

Tips??Screenshot_20221120_152305.jpg

Can you hear the pump running?

Or a relay clicking when you reconnect the battery (or connect your test light)

Can you hear the pump running?

Or a relay clicking when you reconnect the battery (or connect your test light)

Yes, touching the new negative cable to the post causes a 1 second buzz/hum at the black wiring cover at the firewall. Priming?

No, can't hear fuel pumps running.

---> need a step stool to get high enough to reach down to that cover, hope it pops off easy?

Yes, touching the new negative cable to the post causes a 1 second buzz/hum at the black wiring cover at the firewall. Priming?

No, can't hear fuel pumps running.

---> need a step stool to get high enough to reach down to that cover, hope it pops off easy?

(remove a bunch of links that didn't work :nabble_smiley_blush:)

The EEC relay should be getting power at all times through fuse link N on circuit 37

But only be closed by the ignition switch in Start and Run.

The pump relay gets triggered by the ESC through ZZ

The fuel pump relay is definitely under that cover as pictured on Pg. 107.

But the EEC shouldn't be able to activate it with the ignition Off.

If it does, that would suggest your ignition switch is mis-wired or has failed hot. 😳

If it is shorted, or the EEC is pulling power through it without the ignition key ON it will kill the battery.

(and :nabble_poo-23_orig:, the forum insert image tab is not working for me this morning.

Edit for clarity....

The EEC relay should be getting power at all times through fuse link N on circuit 37

If it does, that would suggest your ignition switch is mis-wired or has failed hot. 😳

If it is shorted, or the EEC is pulling power through it without the ignition key ON it will kill the battery.

(and :nabble_poo-23_orig:, the forum insert image tab is not working for me this morning.

Edit for clarity....

That's a lot of info.

Now my brain hurts. 😉

I'll go through it again and try to filter it down to what I should be laying my hands on.

Edit for clarity....

I'm going to try and edit the links into images today. Hopefully the forum is working better for me! :nabble_smiley_thinking:

But only be closed by the ignition switch in Start and Run. (circuit 20)

3623547_orig.thumb.jpg.e8af30b64a409bc6ce6f0d29c15bbaa3.jpg

7468130_orig.thumb.jpg.54c4787c1fcd49d94e7dca51d27042f9.jpg

3759720_orig.thumb.jpg.34bc100b9903f3114738a591b00392a7.jpg

5278321_orig.thumb.jpg.45d01003486cc7d61f77fa6874ff36b6.jpg

5804532_orig.thumb.jpg.31545d38984245745731f36fa5ea86d5.jpg

6986308_orig.thumb.jpg.6388bd37a5ac04d1d75b4ec7c9b4f74f.jpg

4652683_orig.thumb.jpg.a1d611aae6809b806ec02520a6e99f13.jpg

7676395_orig.thumb.jpg.386f219cad9b7f8d66b1b635de33621b.jpg

471462_orig.thumb.jpg.e2bbe32cd369bf929c8a44fac9b18838.jpg

The fuel pump relay is definitely under that cover as pictured in 471462...

That's a lot of info.

Now my brain hurts. 😉

I'll go through it again and try to filter it down to what I should be laying my hands on.

I would check that the EEC power relay (illustration Pg.60) is only getting pulled in by circuit 20 in run & start.

The fuel relay shouldn't be pulling closed with the key off, but battery connected.

Edit: look at the self test connector on Pg. 62 and be sure that isn't jumpered or otherwise connected and back feeding the system.

I would check that the EEC power relay (illustration Pg.60) is only getting pulled in by circuit 20 in run & start.

The fuel relay shouldn't be pulling closed with the key off, but battery connected.

Edit: look at the self test connector on Pg. 62 and be sure that isn't jumpered or otherwise connected and back feeding the system.

Thanks for that!!!

I should have time tomorrow to pull it into the garage.