Bullnose Forums

New member, Hello!

Tommy_Tunes

NE of Seattle, unincorporated King County in the trees!

Gifted an 86 F150 4sp manual, 68k or 168k? Ha. It needed resurrection: trans rebuild, SPROUT cleaned so it would accelerate (one reason the previous owner got sick of it, easy fix!). And numerous maintenance work to get it ready ready, so NOT 'free' any more...

Anyway, loving it, now chasing a parasitic battery drain, so I'll be seeing ya.

Tommy - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sounds like a good "gift". Glad you got it going, but I'll bet their will be many layers to this onion. And you'll have enough onion rings to have a Bloomin' Onion when you are done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and all we'll need is a zip.

Tommy - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Sounds like a good "gift". Glad you got it going, but I'll bet their will be many layers to this onion. And you'll have enough onion rings to have a Bloomin' Onion when you are done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu, and all we'll need is a zip.

Sure, it says I can't add myself, so 98072 Woodinville Washington

When I look on RockAuto for an '86 F-pickup I see 60A and 70A with external regulator, and 65A with internal regulator.....

:nabble_anim_confused:

Either way it is the first place to check when you have substantial parasitic draw.

I've unplugged the 2 wiring plugs at the alternator- test light from negative peg to ground wire still glows.

I'm hoping to find fuel pump cutoff relays, but the pic sent to me isn't what physically exists under my hood!

Tips??Screenshot_20221120_152305.thumb.jpg.c6efbd45dfa7a5a6eb57a4be154ea695.jpg

I've unplugged the 2 wiring plugs at the alternator- test light from negative peg to ground wire still glows.

I'm hoping to find fuel pump cutoff relays, but the pic sent to me isn't what physically exists under my hood!

Tips??Screenshot_20221120_152305.jpg

The fuel pump relay can be in that bracket, but can also be by itself on the firewall. And part of that is determined by whether or not you have the camper or trailer package.

As for the parasitic draw, if the test light is on with the alternator disconnected - and the door closed - you should start pulling fuses to see which one turns it off.