Bullnose Forums

Visor Decals

ckuske

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Struck out on the email - "A print shop should be able to do it"

I may look on a site like Etsy to see if someone can print one off...

I plan to reproduce my Engine Emissions Decal, since I got similar answer from Jim Osborn Productions. Seems that their major issue is about the Ford copyright they need to reproduce original decals. I imagine that Ford doesn't give it for free, so Jim Osborn needs a minimal market in order to make some profits.

When replacing Big Brother's radiator support for a new one, wasn't able to peel off the decal without tearing it.

I am cleaning (Photoshop) a decent scan I made from this original EED, and will send the jpeg file to a local print shop, which does vinyl stickers and similar stuff. Will see with them what decal material they can use for. Sure they won't bother about Ford copyright overcome, since there will be no retailing issue, this will be for personal use only.

I plan to reproduce my Engine Emissions Decal, since I got similar answer from Jim Osborn Productions. Seems that their major issue is about the Ford copyright they need to reproduce original decals. I imagine that Ford doesn't give it for free, so Jim Osborn needs a minimal market in order to make some profits.

When replacing Big Brother's radiator support for a new one, wasn't able to peel off the decal without tearing it.

I am cleaning (Photoshop) a decent scan I made from this original EED, and will send the jpeg file to a local print shop, which does vinyl stickers and similar stuff. Will see with them what decal material they can use for. Sure they won't bother about Ford copyright overcome, since there will be no retailing issue, this will be for personal use only.

If that works we could start building a library of files for the decals.

If that works we could start building a library of files for the decals.

I'd be happy to contribute my image. I cleaned it up a bit, got rid of the background noise etc. It's a pretty good scan, done at 600 dpi.

I found some silver inkjet paper that looks pretty good on Etsy (matte is harder to find than glossy), but inkjet doesn't seem durable enough to me, and I have no clue about the adhesive properties. I'm wondering if you could 'turbocharge' the adhesion with a 3M contact spray.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what Jeff comes up with as well.

If there's a will, there's a way!