Bullnose Forums

Is There A Way To Seal A Steering Wheel?

I'm running a later model padded steering wheel on Big Blue, and it is slightly sticky. I've cleaned it thoroughly several times, including using a 3M pad on it, and have then used the likes of Armor-All on it. But it still gets sticky a few weeks later. And this is both the rim as well as the horn pad.

So, is there anything that can be used to seal things like that? Anyone have a suggestion?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bricknose wheel like yours and always figured it was just my hands being covered in caulk or other sealants from work.

I never considered trying to seal it in. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I wipe mine down with Spray Nine and then isopropyl alcohol.

If it IS plasticizers migrating out of the wheel I don't think there's anything you can do.

I know some dash pads (like my brother's Altima) weep so much goo the vapors make the windshield sticky.

I have a bricknose wheel like yours and always figured it was just my hands being covered in caulk or other sealants from work.

I never considered trying to seal it in. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I wipe mine down with Spray Nine and then isopropyl alcohol.

If it IS plasticizers migrating out of the wheel I don't think there's anything you can do.

I know some dash pads (like my brother's Altima) weep so much goo the vapors make the windshield sticky.

I wonder if this would work? It has done amazing on the plastic trim on my LR3.

I have a spare wipe i can send you to test. Email me your address and I can pop it into an envelope.

https://www.amazon.com/CERAKOTE-Ceramic-Trim-Coat-Kit/dp/B07SHJVK4G?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

I wonder if this would work? It has done amazing on the plastic trim on my LR3.

I have a spare wipe i can send you to test. Email me your address and I can pop it into an envelope.

https://www.amazon.com/CERAKOTE-Ceramic-Trim-Coat-Kit/dp/B07SHJVK4G?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Well, that might actually work. Email sent. Thanks!

Even if it only lasted a month it might be worth it as I could coat it before driving on a trip.

Well, that might actually work. Email sent. Thanks!

Even if it only lasted a month it might be worth it as I could coat it before driving on a trip.

I’ll get it out to you tomorrow.

The way it coated the dried out plastic on my LR3 is remarkable. It has been over a year and still looks amazing. I am curious to see how it works on your wheel..

I’ll get it out to you tomorrow.

The way it coated the dried out plastic on my LR3 is remarkable. It has been over a year and still looks amazing. I am curious to see how it works on your wheel..

Thanks, Deren! I really appreciate it. And reading the verbiage on the advert implies it'll do the job. We shall see!