Bullnose Forums

2G Alternator not charging on my 1986 F150 5.0

Are you saying that not only was yours bad but the next one they pulled out of a box was bad????

The first one I bought was never tested at the store, so when the issue started, we concluded we had a bad one. The store manager agreed with our assessment and replaced it. The replacement behaved the same way, and I thought the odds of having two bad ones back to back were not good, hence my post on BNF. I guess my reluctance to believe those replacements were garbage bit me in the derrière. Going in a different direction, probable DB this time. Or maybe a 3G but I need to sit down and read Gary’s instructions. Many thanks!!!!

The first one I bought was never tested at the store, so when the issue started, we concluded we had a bad one. The store manager agreed with our assessment and replaced it. The replacement behaved the same way, and I thought the odds of having two bad ones back to back were not good, hence my post on BNF. I guess my reluctance to believe those replacements were garbage bit me in the derrière. Going in a different direction, probable DB this time. Or maybe a 3G but I need to sit down and read Gary’s instructions. Many thanks!!!!

Does your 1986 5.0 have efi and a serpentine belt? (I see a V-belt pulley in your photo)

Wow! This is unbelievable! I'm going to post Don't Buy An O'Reilly's Alternator in the main section.