Bullnose Forums

Searching Craigslist Nationwide

Rembrant

You may want to give this a shot --> https://kevinkeene98.medium.com/how-to-search-all-of-craigslist-9e7f235b96ec

I just did a quick test and it seems to work using GOOGLE as your means to search Craigslist.

Try it and see if it helps!

Mainly for a basic search you type site:craigslist.org (and follow that with the text of what you're looking for)

Example--> site:craigslist.org 1985 Ford F150

(and it'll search Craigslist nationwide for a "1985 Ford F150")

I'm going to try it out more and see how well it works.

Good luck with it!

You may want to give this a shot --> https://kevinkeene98.medium.com/how-to-search-all-of-craigslist-9e7f235b96ec

I just did a quick test and it seems to work using GOOGLE as your means to search Craigslist.

Try it and see if it helps!

Mainly for a basic search you type site:craigslist.org (and follow that with the text of what you're looking for)

Example--> site:craigslist.org 1985 Ford F150

(and it'll search Craigslist nationwide for a "1985 Ford F150")

I'm going to try it out more and see how well it works.

Good luck with it!

That's pretty cool! But it doesn't work the way I expected. It appears to find a Craigslist search page that has all of the search text on it. For instance, I searched for "site:craigslist.org bullnose truck Warn" and set it for verbatim. That got this for the search results.

In other words, there's a "Bullnose" somewhere on that page, and a "truck", and a "Warn". So I'll do some more testing... :nabble_anim_working:

That's pretty cool! But it doesn't work the way I expected. It appears to find a Craigslist search page that has all of the search text on it. For instance, I searched for "site:craigslist.org bullnose truck Warn" and set it for verbatim. That got this for the search results.

In other words, there's a "Bullnose" somewhere on that page, and a "truck", and a "Warn". So I'll do some more testing... :nabble_anim_working:

But a search with site:craigslist.org "1985 Ford F150" does get a page of 1985 F150's - all of which I'm pretty sure are Fords. The key is to put what you are looking for in quotes. Then you are taken to the listing itself rather than a page with lots of listings on it, some of which have part of what you are looking for.

I always used crazedlist.org but I have no idea if it is functional anymore.

It seems to work...sort of. I guess I was just spoiled with Autotempest.com

I don't know if Craigslist kicked them all off or what, but what motivation is there in not allowing a nation wide search?

Facebook Marketplace is the same way and I find it really annoying. You have to go city by city all across the country.

Kijiji was always the Canadian version of Craigslist, and it allows a national search, but it doesn't allow you to pick any kind of a range. For example if you wanted to search for a Bullnose, you'd have to search for each individual year. In any case, Facebook Marketplace seems to have made Kijiji almost obsolete now...mostly just older and non-FB people using it. The amount of stuff on it is wayyy down these days.

I'm a Facebook user, but I'd be totally fine if it died off and went extinct.