Bullnose Forums

Carburetor fuel connector

Hi Gentlemen!

This summer I changed the old malfunctioning carburetor for a new one.

Holly for the two. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Very satisfied, but one thing makes me not fully satisfied.

I just cannot figure out the way to connect the fuel pipe accordingly to, well, let's say my standards.

I have to use a rubber hose... I would like a rigid (bolted pipe) connexion, as the old one was.

There is probably a fitting to buy, to replace the fuel arrival one on the new carb, I just cannot find which one.

Here are the old and new carbs:

1.jpg.96c7c6c12c1fcf7a3a2b053e82cf1a7c.jpg

1B.jpg.cc787c573beb4308e99db44ccbb9b8ea.jpg

And their fuel inlet design:

2.jpg.17ec59cad7ce6590ab4b8cc057134237.jpg

6.jpg.2c4456ec2097d4eb4d887e0d973449d8.jpg

2B.jpg.76466f0e81a9ac8ab9d4b1e28fc8edbc.jpg

If it matters to find a solution, their model:

5.jpg.3324472c2749a89b675cd172e9df86c0.jpg

5B.jpg.1f1c13cf6d19eedb0f12b9f023810454.jpg

Thanks in advance!

As the former owner of a Holley warehouse, there are two styles of fittings for those bowls, the banjo fitting in it and a small screw in style that takes a 5/16" inverted flare (like the old float bowl took). Look here, find the one you need and then look on Summit, Jegs or similar.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetor_components/fittings_fuel_lines_and_gauges/fittings/

As the former owner of a Holley warehouse, there are two styles of fittings for those bowls, the banjo fitting in it and a small screw in style that takes a 5/16" inverted flare (like the old float bowl took). Look here, find the one you need and then look on Summit, Jegs or similar.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/carburetor_components/fittings_fuel_lines_and_gauges/fittings/

I believe#26-43 is the part you're looking for.

Almost certain it is the 9/16" thread

Curt

I believe#26-43 is the part you're looking for.

Almost certain it is the 9/16" thread

Curt

Problem may be the large radius the 3/8" tube will require.

There may be an issue with an air cleaner with a drop base as well.

Guess all I'm saying is9/16" x24 should be the carburetors internal thread

Curt again

There may be an issue with an air cleaner with a drop base as well.

Guess all I'm saying is9/16" x24 should be the carburetors internal thread

Curt again

Thanks Bill and Curt for you help,

Bill, I have to admit I am completely lost is the Holly fittings world.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

I will first confirm the threads I need. I'll comme back with the precision. But for the pipe itself, this is not a real issue since I could completely change it and use the required end bolt fitting.

The carburetor bowl side replacement fitting is a more restrictive question...

Curt, you say

So I understand there is no 90° fitting to do the job, the pipe will have to turn to plug into the carb?

Thanks Bill and Curt for you help,

Bill, I have to admit I am completely lost is the Holly fittings world.

:nabble_smiley_blush:

I will first confirm the threads I need. I'll comme back with the precision. But for the pipe itself, this is not a real issue since I could completely change it and use the required end bolt fitting.

The carburetor bowl side replacement fitting is a more restrictive question...

Curt, you say

So I understand there is no 90° fitting to do the job, the pipe will have to turn to plug into the carb?

I looked around the web a bit yesterday, I was able to find some street elbows in various different materials with an SAE thread type on places like McMaster-Carr and other plumbing/HVAC supply stores. I also saw Summit carries a bunch of different pieces, but some don't list the full specs. When you get the size and pitch of that threaded connection let's see what we can find.

I looked around the web a bit yesterday, I was able to find some street elbows in various different materials with an SAE thread type on places like McMaster-Carr and other plumbing/HVAC supply stores. I also saw Summit carries a bunch of different pieces, but some don't list the full specs. When you get the size and pitch of that threaded connection let's see what we can find.

9/16-24 M x 1/2-20 (5/16 inverted flare) F street elbow....

That's going to be an interesting one to find, and you better have an assortment of seal washers to get the clocking right.

I think before I McGyvered something, I would see what the size on the tube on the banjo fitting is. If it is 5/16, then get a compression union, male to male in 5/16", cut the bubble off the end of the banjo fitting and make a nice solid joint. Brace the line from the pump so it won't vibrate.

I think before I McGyvered something [...]

LOL!!! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Don't worry, I'll not try any Frankenstein operation on my new carb without consulting my pro friends. :nabble_smiley_happy:

For the moment, was busy on my radiator swap, I'll come back with my carburetor connector issue.

Thanks guys for your knowledge and help!

:nabble_anim_handshake: