Bullnose Forums

Tail light socket

Hello all. I'm trying to replace the tail light sockets on my Bronco and have run into an issue. The wiring on the new socket is a generic "red, black, white" configuration that doesn't match the wiring coming from the truck. The replacement sockets are Pico brand that I got from Bronco Graveyard. Driver side wiring is "brown, black, green w/red stripe". Passenger side is "brown, black, black w/pink stripe". I could really use so help so I don't have to go through a trial and error method. Any help is appreciated.

I haven't found any Pico wiring diagrams so would offer this. First, Ford uses black for ground and brown is tail light. So the black/stripe wire should be the stop/turn wire and will connect to the light green/orange on the left and the orange/light blue on the right.

But, you can check, visually. The brown wire should go to the longer filament and the striped wire goes to the thicker, shorter filament. Longer filaments have more resistance and are dimmer, which is what the park/tail lights should be.

For 3 wires Pico socket (tail lights):

Pico White = Parking = Truck Brown

Pico Red = Flasher = Truck Right or Left so Orange or Green

Pico Black = Truck body ground Black

For 2 wires Pico socket (such as backup or sidelights):

Pico White (or maybe Black)= Truck body ground Black

Pico Red = Truck live positive wire (colored one).

For 3 wires Pico socket (tail lights):

Pico White = Parking = Truck Brown

Pico Red = Flasher = Truck Right or Left so Orange or Green

Pico Black = Truck body ground Black

For 2 wires Pico socket (such as backup or sidelights):

Pico White (or maybe Black)= Truck body ground Black

Pico Red = Truck live positive wire (colored one).

Thanks for the help