Bullnose Forums

Clutch

Ol whitey

Thanks Dave. :nabble_smiley_cool:

It seems to me that if he installed a new clutch and has "the pedal drop to the floor" it is more likely a shift fork that is not refit properly to either the throwout or the mushroom pivot in the bell housing.

But it's hard for me to say without seeing it.

Same here not being able to see it :nabble_anim_confused:

Hope it is a rod that fell off and he dose not have to pull the transmission again

Dave ----

2C7E1283-454F-4F66-85C6-4294AEC62203.jpeg.e571e6290c9438839a6907a024fb8660.jpeg

From what I can tell everything seems good on the outside. I can try to get better photos when I get it pushed into the garage. Trying to get everything buttoned up before the snow starts to fly around here. I’m pretty sure it’s in the bell housing so looks like I’ll do it again. Was tough the last time because I couldn’t get the transfer case separated, so had to do them at the same time. Hope that doesn’t happen again. Thanks again for the information. In the information, it has been a BIG help. Seems like the chiltons manual lacks some information. Did they used to have more information in them? Seems condensed.

From what I can tell everything seems good on the outside. I can try to get better photos when I get it pushed into the garage. Trying to get everything buttoned up before the snow starts to fly around here. I’m pretty sure it’s in the bell housing so looks like I’ll do it again. Was tough the last time because I couldn’t get the transfer case separated, so had to do them at the same time. Hope that doesn’t happen again. Thanks again for the information. In the information, it has been a BIG help. Seems like the chiltons manual lacks some information. Did they used to have more information in them? Seems condensed.

I'm with Jim. I'll bet the release lever hasn't captured the shift fork. Been there, done that. And the fix is fairly easy w/o taking the tranny out.

But let's see some pics and then we can advise you.

I'm with Jim. I'll bet the release lever hasn't captured the shift fork. Been there, done that. And the fix is fairly easy w/o taking the tranny out.

But let's see some pics and then we can advise you.

I probably should have said that the release* fork hasn't fit the collar of the throwout bearing, or the bearing itself is wrong way around, or that the fork isn't clipped onto the mushroom pivot ball (in the back of the bell housing)

"shift fork" makes me think of parts internal to the gearbox. So I'm using the wrong term and have edited my post above. :nabble_smiley_blush:

I probably should have said that the release* fork hasn't fit the collar of the throwout bearing, or the bearing itself is wrong way around, or that the fork isn't clipped onto the mushroom pivot ball (in the back of the bell housing)

"shift fork" makes me think of parts internal to the gearbox. So I'm using the wrong term and have edited my post above. :nabble_smiley_blush:

And my terminology was wonky as well. Glad you caught that. :nabble_smiley_blush:

• 3 weeks later...

4D887B96-C77A-4F21-B81A-579916671295.jpeg

Hello, this weekend was the first chance I’ve had time to work on it, could the boot be the reason that I was having problems? The bearing has a set of clips that attach to the fork so I’m pretty sure it is installed correct. Hard to get photos