Bullnose Forums

Let's Discuss The 2023 Show - In Detail

Thanks, Dave.

We don't let anyone win more than 1 trophy, and we use the order we list the trophies as the priority order. So just like you said, if you win two trophies the 2nd one goes to the next person.

As for judging, if we had a set of guidelines to go by then maybe we could do some judging ourselves. So please try to get a judging sheet as that could help.

That would let us do the "Mix" mentioned above, meaning both judged categories and crowd voting.

Judging_Sheets_(1).pdf

Judging_Sheets.pdf

See if you can see this judging sheet from our club.

The show this weekend has been canceled because of bad weather.

Dave ----

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging_Sheets_(1).pdfJudging_Sheets.pdfSee if you can see this judging sheet from our club.The show this weekend has been canceled because of bad weather. Dave ----
Yes, I can. Thanks, Dave! But is there any difference in them? They look the same, but maybe I missed something?

And for everyone else, here 'tis:

Yes, I can. Thanks, Dave! But is there any difference in them? They look the same, but maybe I missed something?

And for everyone else, here 'tis:

They are both the same.I was having issues saving it on my end on my phone where I could get to it to post.Then I was trying to post it when the site was having issues.When I get to a show I will ask for their sheet and post it so you can see how others do it.Then you can pick what works for your show.Dave ----

They are both the same.

I was having issues saving it on my end on my phone where I could get to it to post.

Then I was trying to post it when the site was having issues.

When I get to a show I will ask for their sheet and post it so you can see how others do it.

Then you can pick what works for your show.

Dave ----

Thanks! I'm going to contact the guy from the show John/Machspeed and I went to last week and see if we can get the judging sheet from them. Can't hurt.

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I'm going to contact the guy from the show John/Machspeed and I went to last week and see if we can get the judging sheet from them. Can't hurt.

My dad is retired, and is a Ford guy. I can see about roping him into judging if you go that direction.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Steve. Not sure where we'll go with this, but will remember the offer should we go that way.

Gary

I have not forgotten about judging sheets for you to look over.

I have only been to 1 judged show and it was a vary large one so was hard to ask for a sheet.

They had close to 100 cars and think at least 50 big rigs as it was held at the largest truck stop in the east.

If you know I80 truck stop out west this is the sister, I95 truck stop.

Any of the other outings have been cruise in's or cars & coffee.

I have 2 shows this coming weekend, Saturday & Sunday.

Think Saturday is peoples choice a large show and only 3 awards handed out.

Cant remember if it was free or not last year?

Dont know of Sunday's as it is put on by a Boy Scout Troop and we have not gone to this one before that I know of.

Dave ----

Gary

I have not forgotten about judging sheets for you to look over.

I have only been to 1 judged show and it was a vary large one so was hard to ask for a sheet.

They had close to 100 cars and think at least 50 big rigs as it was held at the largest truck stop in the east.

If you know I80 truck stop out west this is the sister, I95 truck stop.

Any of the other outings have been cruise in's or cars & coffee.

I have 2 shows this coming weekend, Saturday & Sunday.

Think Saturday is peoples choice a large show and only 3 awards handed out.

Cant remember if it was free or not last year?

Dont know of Sunday's as it is put on by a Boy Scout Troop and we have not gone to this one before that I know of.

Dave ----

No prob, Dave. Hope the two shows go well this weekend. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

• 2 months later...

No prob, Dave. Hope the two shows go well this weekend. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig.png

Ok folks, it is getting real - real close. And I have to nail the categories down very quickly as I need to order the trophies. So I've read and re-read all of the comments and then talked to David about this today. And I think that things are starting to emerge from the fog.

The screenshot below is an analysis of the 2022 entrants, and I've sorted them by year, applied the F-Series generation # to them, and then looked at three ways of organizing them - assuming 2023 will have roughly the same distribution:

• By series: That doesn't really work because in the Series % column you can see that many of the series have just one entry. Plus I don't want to have 10% classes.

• John's Approach: John/Machspeed suggested that we do 48 - 79; 80 - 86; and 90 - 96. But that leaves out several early and late ones, and has almost 2/3's of the entries in one class.

• Gary's Approach: So, what about doing 1966 & earlier; 1967 - 1972; 1973 - 1979; 1980 - 86, & 1987 and later? That gives a pretty even distribution and allows for very early and very late vehicles.

So, what do you think? And PLEASE don't say "It is your show so do it however you want." I'm asking for input as I want it to be our show, and I want it to be fair.

On top of those 5 classes I might do a few others, like children's favorite, crowd favorite, best modifications, best 4x4, or? What are your thoughts here? (The idea of having a children's favorite comes from one vendor giving us children's ballot.)

HELP, PLEASE! http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/waving_orig.gif

2022_Truck_Show_Entrants.jpg.18b68219144d8b16ee149ca13e8f6dbe.jpg

Ok folks, it is getting real - real close. And I have to nail the categories down very quickly as I need to order the trophies. So I've read and re-read all of the comments and then talked to David about this today. And I think that things are starting to emerge from the fog.

The screenshot below is an analysis of the 2022 entrants, and I've sorted them by year, applied the F-Series generation # to them, and then looked at three ways of organizing them - assuming 2023 will have roughly the same distribution:

• By series: That doesn't really work because in the Series % column you can see that many of the series have just one entry. Plus I don't want to have 10% classes.

• John's Approach: John/Machspeed suggested that we do 48 - 79; 80 - 86; and 90 - 96. But that leaves out several early and late ones, and has almost 2/3's of the entries in one class.

• Gary's Approach: So, what about doing 1966 & earlier; 1967 - 1972; 1973 - 1979; 1980 - 86, & 1987 and later? That gives a pretty even distribution and allows for very early and very late vehicles.

So, what do you think? And PLEASE don't say "It is your show so do it however you want." I'm asking for input as I want it to be our show, and I want it to be fair.

On top of those 5 classes I might do a few others, like children's favorite, crowd favorite, best modifications, best 4x4, or? What are your thoughts here? (The idea of having a children's favorite comes from one vendor giving us children's ballot.)

HELP, PLEASE! :nabble_waving_orig:

Gary, it's your show, do what you want! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Kidding! I like the classes you presented and I'm totally good with it. I suspect we will have more trucks this year too and that works. I have reservations about the kids favorite though.

So, do we have judges or will the people be voting? You said something about judges sometime back.