Bullnose Forums

Here for the information and to share help if possible

AuroraGirl

I do not have a 1980-86, but I do have a 1996. The amount of cross over, especially on the frame -body end of things is insane. and I have a 1980 gmc, and the amount of cross over of knowledge and tips etc is actually incredible. So if thats acceptable, Id like to be a member. I am otherwise an active member on FTE and appreciate this websites existence. wish there was one for the 87-96 specifically lol!

My truck has a 300, e4OD, its 2wd, half ton, long bed, standard cab. Pretty bare bones optioned beyond the mirrors (folding) and the auto trans. Gross 3.08 ratio axle too lol.

The amount of cross over, especially on the frame -body end of things is insane.

I can attest to that. I swapped a 1980 F150 on to a 1995 F150 4x4 chassis a couple years ago. Welcome aboard. Great bunch on here with a huge amount of knowledge.

You're not the only one without a bullnose truck.

Bob, Dane and myself, for sure.

Don't forget me Jim! I'm currently Bullnoseless, but the complete drivetrain in my '52 pickup is a Bullnose/Aeronose hybrid!

You're not the only one without a bullnose truck.

Bob, Dane and myself, for sure.

Of course you're welcome.

This is the Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum after all...

300 with 3.08's sounds like a match made in heaven for a pickup that isn't a tow rig.

I use my truck very utilitarian wise, like, the "has a half ton truck doing 3/4 ton things" thats why I have a bent leaf spring LOL

so 3.08 is killing me, smalls. although the gear is in great shape, at least the teeth when i did a fluid change. the fluid was in good shape. so i was thinking I maybe find a person who wants to swap or I can sell it as a useable rear and find a 3.55 or whatever before hand etc.

I also was contemplating a dana 60 from a 1967 I think, somewhere in there, F100 which has 5x5.5 and brakes that would be similar sized and a ratio thats likely where im looking. I have one under wood trailer

but thank yall lol

I use my truck very utilitarian wise, like, the "has a half ton truck doing 3/4 ton things" thats why I have a bent leaf spring LOL

so 3.08 is killing me, smalls. although the gear is in great shape, at least the teeth when i did a fluid change. the fluid was in good shape. so i was thinking I maybe find a person who wants to swap or I can sell it as a useable rear and find a 3.55 or whatever before hand etc.

I also was contemplating a dana 60 from a 1967 I think, somewhere in there, F100 which has 5x5.5 and brakes that would be similar sized and a ratio thats likely where im looking. I have one under wood trailer

but thank yall lol

'60's and '70's trucks have different frame widths compared to '80- '99

You're looking at cutting and rewelding spring perches and shock mounts at the very least.

Imo you're much better off with a 9" 5 on 5.5.

3.50 & 3.73 were pretty popular, but you can find almost any ratio for them.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against the 8.8, and Ford did make them far beyond '87

There was a 3.54 in the right pattern.