Bullnose Forums

Larry the Lariat - My 86 F150 4x4

chirkware

There's a screw into the metal frame of the dash.

Look for multiple black wires with ring terminals.

If you look in the front of the '86 EVTM there should be illustrations which show all the grounds in place.

If you don't have your own hard copy it's WELL worth putting a saved search into eBay and waiting for one to show up for about $25 delivered.

Good thought! I added a couple saved searches (one with just EVTM as an acronym and one with the words spelled out). Looks like you can get a CD version but like you said a hard copy is so much more useful.

I found this at the right side of the hole for the radio after removing all that sliced in radio harness junk. I’m guessing this is G701.

F04FC78D-BCCE-4937-AD97-894B42405EC7.jpeg.8eba6037af6df5acb181a1536c77ce23.jpeg

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look in the front of the '86 EVTM there should be illustrations which show all the grounds in place.

If you don't have your own hard copy it's WELL worth putting a saved search into eBay and waiting for one to show up for about $25 delivered.

Good thought! I added a couple saved searches (one with just EVTM as an acronym and one with the words spelled out). Looks like you can get a CD version but like you said a hard copy is so much more useful.

I found this at the right side of the hole for the radio after removing all that sliced in radio harness junk. I’m guessing this is G701.

No, the Grounds page of the 1985 EVTM shows "Behind I/P (instrument panel) near RH side of radio". Then it gives a list of illustration and page numbers where you can see it depicted.

Long and short - it is on the firewall, not the instrument panel.

1985-etm-page10.thumb.jpg.05f6644dcf885933f4fabc330662a58b.jpg

I have to assume Gary is correct, that G701 is on the firewall, and I just tested for continuity between the dash frame screw and my gas tank harness plug. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I'm without an optical drive for many years, but I do have manuals on CD.

I find the book gets greasy fingerprints but the battery never goes dead and I can read it while standing on my head under the dash.

Plus... the screen doesn't scratch or shatter :nabble_smiley_good:

You've got this one on the ropes!

I'm sure you will have your bad ground or open circuit solved quickly. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I have to assume Gary is correct, that G701 is on the firewall, and I just tested for continuity between the dash frame screw and my gas tank harness plug. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I'm without an optical drive for many years, but I do have manuals on CD.

I find the book gets greasy fingerprints but the battery never goes dead and I can read it while standing on my head under the dash.

Plus... the screen doesn't scratch or shatter :nabble_smiley_good:

You've got this one on the ropes!

I'm sure you will have your bad ground or open circuit solved quickly. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Very true, Jim. But I recently answered questions by using the EVTM on this site while I was in Switzerland. Didn't know which of the three to pack, so I didn't. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Very true, Jim. But I recently answered questions by using the EVTM on this site while I was in Switzerland. Didn't know which of the three to pack, so I didn't. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I'm sure you have these OCR'd and saved to your device. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I use the ones here on site to answer questions posed by members but I use my paper copy almost exclusively when working on my own truck.

I'm sure you have these OCR'd and saved to your device. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I use the ones here on site to answer questions posed by members but I use my paper copy almost exclusively when working on my own truck.

No, I don't have them saved on my devices. I just use them online.

But I do have the 1980 - 89 master parts catalog on my OneDrive, meaning on the cloud, and then saved for immediate use on this laptop's hard drive. That way I don't have to wait for the massive document to download.

I do have all of the Bullnose, as well as the 87, EVTMs on my bookshelf. And the factory shop manuals for 1981 and 85. Plus several owner's manuals. Sometimes I pull one of those out if the info I'm looking for isn't online.

No, I don't have them saved on my devices. I just use them online.

But I do have the 1980 - 89 master parts catalog on my OneDrive, meaning on the cloud, and then saved for immediate use on this laptop's hard drive. That way I don't have to wait for the massive document to download.

I do have all of the Bullnose, as well as the 87, EVTMs on my bookshelf. And the factory shop manuals for 1981 and 85. Plus several owner's manuals. Sometimes I pull one of those out if the info I'm looking for isn't online.

Took Larry to the store to do some “real work” this evening. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif

Had to pick up an early Black Friday deal for our church (I’m going to pick up one more of these…Walmart only allows one of these per order.). These will be wall mounted for PowerPoint in our very small auditorium.

F21C3F97-7EEE-4448-AE06-BF482C330484.jpeg.5edd5d2a372e8dca464fc79f3f95812a.jpeg

Took Larry to the store to do some “real work” this evening. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Had to pick up an early Black Friday deal for our church (I’m going to pick up one more of these…Walmart only allows one of these per order.). These will be wall mounted for PowerPoint in our very small auditorium.

👍👍👍

Their store brand ONN devices get good reviews for something made to a price point.

They're not heavily skinned or loaded with advertising and surveillance ware to my knowledge.

I'm considering the 11" tablet Pro