Bullnose Forums

Larry the Lariat - My 86 F150 4x4

chirkware

Wow! That’s a lot of tree. Hope you get the truck going, the tree cut, and find no damage.

Had to replace the front left brake like with I apparently cracked in getting the old hose replaced a few weeks ago.

New one is Nickel Copper. I managed to slip the spring like guard thingy off the old line and onto the new line. Taught my son how to flare lines … told him he’s gonna have to know how when his 68 F100 finally gets here.

EC571E7A-F7AA-4617-8ADE-0E19C402B7BE.jpeg.72aef60b4828e37669a575190a7a9b6d.jpeg

Didn’t get to start till 4pm today unfortunately, as I had to go into work due to internet issues that has several of our offices down. REALLY frustrating when it’s 65 and sunny and I’m inside at work…on a Saturday.

Got the brakes repaired, bled, and the wheels on. That’s as far as I got.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to replace the front left brake like with I apparently cracked in getting the old hose replaced a few weeks ago.

New one is Nickel Copper. I managed to slip the spring like guard thingy off the old line and onto the new line. Taught my son how to flare lines … told him he’s gonna have to know how when his 68 F100 finally gets here.

Didn’t get to start till 4pm today unfortunately, as I had to go into work due to internet issues that has several of our offices down. REALLY frustrating when it’s 65 and sunny and I’m inside at work…on a Saturday.

Got the brakes repaired, bled, and the wheels on. That’s as far as I got.

That brake line looks great! And it should last nicely.

It is good that you are teaching your son. It’ll help him significantly with that project. And it should be a fun one.

That brake line looks great! And it should last nicely.

It is good that you are teaching your son. It’ll help him significantly with that project. And it should be a fun one.

For future reference: Bolt size for steering wheel puller is 5/16” fine thread (5/16”-24).

Of course I didn’t have any and they are $1.25 each at the Orange big box store.

For future reference: Bolt size for steering wheel puller is 5/16” fine thread (5/16”-24).

Of course I didn’t have any and they are $1.25 each at the Orange big box store.

I needed this video to get my speedometer cable loose…Says foxbody but it’s the same as our trucks.

I needed this video to get my speedometer cable loose…Says foxbody but it’s the same as our trucks.

I equate the removal of this in the dash very similar to "bra clasps in the dark":nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

you only know if you know! I have gotten very good at it!

I equate the removal of this in the dash very similar to "bra clasps in the dark"http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-rotfl-57x22_orig.gif

you only know if you know! I have gotten very good at it!

Progress, slow progress…putting things back together. New turn signal switch, new ignition switch, new ignition cylinder.

01C19020-113B-46F1-8530-7F01D57F31B7.jpeg.0d25c1988ff79a58157b205ca327ce0f.jpeg

(Turn signal switch was still loose in this pic).

Got too cold, so I went in the garage and prettied the cluster up a bit. Not perfect, but good enough for a daily driver.

Before:

BB5A60A4-5A8F-47F0-9205-8AB09B8B9DCA.jpeg.af158eb1ca92c636e74693208e6f3b66.jpeg

After:

415E302C-461F-48F8-BA62-A7970C122D43.jpeg.296328365d26a4b9bd9f09c8b230a48b.jpeg

Progress, slow progress…putting things back together. New turn signal switch, new ignition switch, new ignition cylinder.

Got too cold, so I went in the garage and prettied the cluster up a bit. Not perfect, but good enough for a daily driver.

Before:

After:

Cluster looks good. I think you'll like it a bunch, especially if you put new LED's in.

Before:

After:

you missed a spot right there

you missed a spot right there

LOL...I probably missed a BUNCH of spots. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Did I do this right?

I didn't pay much attention to the position of things when you turn the key before taking the column apart, and I swapped in a new cylinder while everything was pulled apart. Does it look like I've got this back in correctly?