Bullnose Forums

Larry the Lariat - My 86 F150 4x4

chirkware

Looks like you have a plan, Stan. :nabble_smiley_good:

Waiting on parts and I'm rained out from bleeding brakes so I took the tires and got them mounted and balanced. Wheels are really wide (8.5") for 235/75r15's. 8.5" is within spec but I'm not sure how I feel about them. Honestly I'd have rather had a nicely painted set of factory 6" steel wheels (or, gasp, some 6.5" 1980's Dodge truck wheels, which look very similar to the Ford wheels).

5527553D-F5EC-4C6A-BD2F-CC5BD4FBE53D.jpeg.6d962c951b651ad3042f0f5109eb8e81.jpeg

They need some polishing, but they look shiny when wet. ๐Ÿ˜‚

0A739B9E-2E27-409A-9225-D03A89AD06E4.jpeg.eb73a4110230e8ae56025b6ef7c65a92.jpeg

DEFINITELY am improvement over this rotten rubber.

5FA59C8E-1379-49F6-9719-F27E3E08673F.jpeg.7c8d5abeb4935cdcbbe4a1f824a5999d.jpeg

ย 

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting on parts and I'm rained out from bleeding brakes so I took the tires and got them mounted and balanced. Wheels are really wide (8.5") for 235/75r15's. 8.5" is within spec but I'm not sure how I feel about them. Honestly I'd have rather had a nicely painted set of factory 6" steel wheels (or, gasp, some 6.5" 1980's Dodge truck wheels, which look very similar to the Ford wheels).

They need some polishing, but they look shiny when wet. ๐Ÿ˜‚

DEFINITELY am improvement over this rotten rubber.

most people would not even know that those were not ford wheels. they look as though they fit the tires well so I would just run them. i expect they are going to look great actually. a bit wider stance.

most people would not even know that those were not ford wheels. they look as though they fit the tires well so I would just run them. i expect they are going to look great actually. a bit wider stance.

They definitely LOOK wide and maybe that's gonna look good since Larry is a 4x4. I'm chomping at the bits to put them on but bleeding brakes is easier without the rubber in the way. Hoping I can bleed them Tuesday when there's no rain in the forecast.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the Western center caps. They are awful scraped up from being installed and removed so many times (since fronts are open for the locking hubs). I'll try to clean them up but I may just run the wheels with open centers and see how it looks.

207F8F1A-49DA-42FA-9166-B9931731920D.jpeg.7f3c0e6babdfbb59cdc4e9ceb19a9eb1.jpeg

They definitely LOOK wide and maybe that's gonna look good since Larry is a 4x4. I'm chomping at the bits to put them on but bleeding brakes is easier without the rubber in the way. Hoping I can bleed them Tuesday when there's no rain in the forecast.

I'm trying to decide what to do with the Western center caps. They are awful scraped up from being installed and removed so many times (since fronts are open for the locking hubs). I'll try to clean them up but I may just run the wheels with open centers and see how it looks.

they are a little rough. I would give a half hour and a few Brillo pads a try since it will look more complete with them. maybe even a little chrome polish to finish.

it looks as if someone is about to dig into the tilt column. do you have your third and fourth hands ready?

Yeah, I think I need to buy some more bungie cords and vice grips to be extra hands for me. I'm dreading tearing into this thing but it needs to be done. Tomorrow evening I HOPE to get it done.

Any other parts in there I should have on hand/plan to swap "while I'm here"? I only want to do this ONCE. :nabble_smiley_what:

it looks as if someone is about to dig into the tilt column. do you have your third and fourth hands ready?

Yeah, I think I need to buy some more bungie cords and vice grips to be extra hands for me. I'm dreading tearing into this thing but it needs to be done. Tomorrow evening I HOPE to get it done.

Any other parts in there I should have on hand/plan to swap "while I'm here"? I only want to do this ONCE. :nabble_smiley_what:

Hope these fit right... Same key works the ignition and door locks, like every other vehicle I've ever owned!

F27CE6B4-2D7C-48F0-8B45-DAED75FEBF82.jpeg.4eb8c9971759df4b9109ff9e734f4ed7.jpeg

Hope these fit right... Same key works the ignition and door locks, like every other vehicle I've ever owned!

Well looks like I'm gonna be bleeding brakes, installing rubber, and testing the 4wd tomorrow doing some yard cleanup after this big ole cedar came down in the storm we had today.

14A99C7C-6304-4231-831B-57D7B8D36422.jpeg.cb0c75e8e946476ee37916425ae8549f.jpeg

Landed on my 70 F250 frame, but just the tip of the tree and I don't think it hurt it, just shoved the hood sitting on it a bit.

2807BEB0-FEEC-4850-BEC3-27E56F10CFA1.jpeg.64a9617a6b58e34c928a41f97011bd93.jpeg

I'm hoping I may be able to get a friend to mill some of the trunk for me. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Well looks like I'm gonna be bleeding brakes, installing rubber, and testing the 4wd tomorrow doing some yard cleanup after this big ole cedar came down in the storm we had today.

Landed on my 70 F250 frame, but just the tip of the tree and I don't think it hurt it, just shoved the hood sitting on it a bit.

I'm hoping I may be able to get a friend to mill some of the trunk for me. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Wow! Thatโ€™s a lot of tree. Hope you get the truck going, the tree cut, and find no damage.