Bullnose Forums

Larry the Lariat - My 86 F150 4x4

chirkware

Carb is installed. I filled the primary bowl through tht breather tube and it fired right up!

I let it idle a few minutes and then finally tried the transmission. Moved back and forth fine.

So it was time for Larry's first drive...(ok, just in the yard... I'll need to get fuel and brakes done before it can go on the road)

Cool!

Leaves in the trees all year long in Tennessee? That's a chance!

I see that you have a km/h speedo. I suppose this is a Canadian born truck?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb is installed. I filled the primary bowl through tht breather tube and it fired right up!

I let it idle a few minutes and then finally tried the transmission. Moved back and forth fine.

So it was time for Larry's first drive...(ok, just in the yard... I'll need to get fuel and brakes done before it can go on the road)

:nabble_smiley_good:

it's not exactly "must see tv" but I'm one of those people who get it. I can completely understand first drive of nearly everything. I get excited about them. it a sign of progress and success. love it! I must say I'm one of those guys that yells keep it off the grass. you're messing up my lawn! I imagine clint Eastwood with the Garand saying, "get off my lawn."

Yippee!!!

Cool!

Most of the trees shed their leaves months ago but we have some evergreen trees around. Got a HUGE live oak in our front yard that sheds leaves slowly for months but never goes completely bald. Most of what you saw in the video are just big bushes and some out of control privet hedge that I'd love to kill (very invasive!).

Not sure on exactly where Larry was built, but the sticker says USA.

51575D12-ACEC-4562-AB4A-D13F6E0E4243.jpeg.9c0871285ff92e46bde0b43cd141254d.jpeg

Cool!

Most of the trees shed their leaves months ago but we have some evergreen trees around. Got a HUGE live oak in our front yard that sheds leaves slowly for months but never goes completely bald. Most of what you saw in the video are just big bushes and some out of control privet hedge that I'd love to kill (very invasive!).

Started into brakes this evening... Good thing I did.

95430054-A7EB-41F3-90DF-1CA32F683170.jpeg.86d147800eed1b8fee625d277d537d61.jpeg

B74F51CB-6B96-41F5-B3C6-16F31A48C064.jpeg.942eaabc496cb07e5cf417b45aa6f3ec.jpeg

I've never seen shiny brake shoes before! Think maybe that wheel cylinder was leaking? lol

Took me WAY too long, but the right rear is rebuilt, left rear is next. I'll swap the rear hose, then I'm gonna look over the fronts and see how they look. I may just bleed the four corners and see if the calipers are ok. I don't believe they are leaking as the fluid level for the front brakes hasn't gone down at all. So far, the master cylinder looks like it might be ok but time will tell.

Still have to check out the gas tank. Debating whether to drop it...I know I should, but I'm dreading that can of worms.

Cool!

If I’m reading the VIN decoding properly, Larry was built in Twin Cities.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n130307/51575D12-ACEC-4562-AB4A-D13F6E0E4243.jpeg

You're right, and for what I know, Canadian stickers are red and US ones are blue. Just curious that the speedo shows Km/h scale.

I didn't know that US trucks were showing the KM/h scale too.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n130307/51575D12-ACEC-4562-AB4A-D13F6E0E4243.jpeg

You're right, and for what I know, Canadian stickers are red and US ones are blue. Just curious that the speedo shows Km/h scale.

I didn't know that US trucks were showing the KM/h scale too.

So today I learned that the spare tire holder is an evil joke. Wow! I spent an hour probably getting what I think might be the original spare or from under the truck.

0506C9B3-C008-4284-A64A-E798B3815EAB.jpeg.3574d571a3acc84221c075e104435cf0.jpeg

AAFE3EA3-858C-43AF-85AE-7F854C6D86F4.jpeg.9a62310796ec506a90102963af0a3556.jpeg

Seems the spare mount made quite an impression on this tire...

E4DA59A2-8FC1-48F5-80A8-387FC4C4DFC5.jpeg.b68820bbc68509b179a4c5de1dcbd4ff.jpeg

4B069776-AA85-4042-AA02-AEC696228677.jpeg.03287c2e83281bfd2f81ee7ff6b2182c.jpeg

Hopefully it'll hold air long enough for me to take the Western Wheels to get some tires. I borrowed the spare from my 70 for one side and put this on the other on the rear. I'll put the front on jackstands and probably just haul the four wheels to Walmart in my Subaru wagon. I don't want to drive Larry for tires on the 20 year old rotten rubber it has.

So today I learned that the spare tire holder is an evil joke. Wow! I spent an hour probably getting what I think might be the original spare or from under the truck.

Seems the spare mount made quite an impression on this tire...

Hopefully it'll hold air long enough for me to take the Western Wheels to get some tires. I borrowed the spare from my 70 for one side and put this on the other on the rear. I'll put the front on jackstands and probably just haul the four wheels to Walmart in my Subaru wagon. I don't want to drive Larry for tires on the 20 year old rotten rubber it has.

I had the same experience on one of the trucks, Dad's I think. Not only was the tire rotten and badly indented, but the center bolt holding the spare on was seized and it would have been almost impossible to have gotten it off on the side of the road.

Hope you can get all of them in the Subie. :nabble_smiley_good: