Bullnose Forums

Muminvaters F250 scale 1:13

muminvater

moin moin, :nabble_smiley_cool:

to complete the body, I go further with no 14.

assy group 14 / tailgate, loading bed

To open the tailgate, the loading bed (is it the right expression? In German I use Ladeboden) necessarily has to move about 18mm lower.

Then you get a planar surface with the opened tailgate.

Lowered loading bed, new bigger wheel housings glued and spackled. Holes and tool-related cut outs were cleaned up at the same time.

The wheel housings are one of a few parts out of a 3D printer.

Tailgate unit sawed.

The backlights must be build new as mountable modules. The tailgate itself has to be modified to the design of the year of manufacturing 1982 and completed with hinges.

Joints spackled and sanded. Ornamentation out of the 3D printer glued

Milled hinge parts and for a demountable tailgate 90° angled axis.

The body-sided hinges are glued in a bed of the 2-component aluminum filler.

And now, the opened tailgate and the loading bed are on the same level.

Millings for latch and handle fastenings were done.

Adjustable clipping for the tailgate via Allen screw with a spherical grounded head.

On the opposite side on the tailgate, there is a Aluminum plate with a drilling, in with fits the head of the Allen screw.

Only much later did I find out that the loading bed of the original is not smooth, but pushed through to the outside.

So the surface had to be cut out again.

The panel was then moved outwards so that at the waistline a 90° folded flange could created.

The beading was reproduced by doubling.

assy group 9 / hood latch

Bild1.jpg.c03dd25673ec20bffd6e2705ab07cb22.jpg

The locking bolt of the hood dips through the hole in the cross member and meets the fork-shaped recessed lock latch there. The latch is so narrow that the locking bolt only fits through when the latch rotates in its mounting. This is triggered by the wedge-shaped molding of the locking bolt. When the locking bolt is dipped deep enough, the tension spring snaps the latch back into the recess of the locking bolt and thus locks the hood.

The lock is only opened again by pressing the Ford logo, which tilts the latch back a little below the spring.

assy group 10 / tank flap

Flap cut out and hole refilled with 2comonent mass for exactly fitting.

With the idea that the tank should be fillable, the tank neck must also be designed accordingly. The first plastic nozzle with a glued cap was quickly removed and replaced with this brass tube with a copper cap.

assy group 13 / rear window

This is the cut out for the rear window generation 7.

The sliding window stops in the central position by a stopper.

A clip take care that the windows stay closed.

that was largely the body, some details will follow of course :nabble_smiley_uh: greetings, :nabble_anim_working: Tobias

I forget to post the finished frond end. So I will do it now :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Bild1.jpg.c03dd25673ec20bffd6e2705ab07cb22.jpg

At the purchased model, the bumper and the frond end were manufactured as one part. In origin the bumper is assembled to the chassis frame. This was a task for my saw. The gap must be filled with a new body part and with this I had the chance to bring in the two elongated holes below the grille.

To keep the contour on the new panel, there is a stabilizer necessarily.

now it´s time to go upstairs to work on steering...:nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget to post the finished frond end. So I will do it now :nabble_smiley_whistling:

At the purchased model, the bumper and the frond end were manufactured as one part. In origin the bumper is assembled to the chassis frame. This was a task for my saw. The gap must be filled with a new body part and with this I had the chance to bring in the two elongated holes below the grille.

Cool! Looks excellent. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bild1.jpg.6e53de3787085d14d982d17ce3ca44fd.jpg

"... there´s a dust in my eyes that blinds my sight, and silence that speak so much louder than words, of promises broken..." Pink Floyd / sorrow :nabble_smiley_music: one of my favorite songs. I hear it in my head til awaking...

Today, I think, I finsh the exterior.

assy group 11 / floor

Bild1.jpg.6e53de3787085d14d982d17ce3ca44fd.jpg

Floor and front wall. Elongated holes for the bench adjustment.

The floor is a mounting part. That´s easier for the bench assembly and even for the coating. At the top you see an reinforcement plate. It gives the construction the stability with is lost caused of the tunnel.

In the lower pic left you see the a momentary contact switch mounted. It´s used for the brake light.

Bild2.jpg.250f551abd629c7f9e381cbf1c706bbb.jpg

Below the floor, switched by the lever for the differential lock, the switch for hazard warning lights. There wasn´t any space on the dashboard.

You see the lever in both positions ON/OFF

assy group 12 / wiper

Bild3.jpg.1ee0627fd21238a01ff793b3e047adf9.jpg

Bild4.jpg.eb3a6acd7556b943ac1689dc6e3197a4.jpg

upper picture: brass guide bush for wiper axis glued in.

assy group 21 / illumination

Bild7.jpg.65abe1bc3582c6903bb832ad36899c5b.jpg

Bild8.jpg.0d372a4a2f35586c87fb3cd4a5c69520.jpg

The headlamp diffuser had to be cut on the suitable size for the grille to then be glued with the reflector.The headlights and the turn signal light are glued with the frond end. The wire clamp is only for the eye.

I built the housing for turn signal light out of available reflectors. Cut ´em on the required mass, glued a lower and upper plate on and finished it with a orange diffuser. The orange diffuser was sanded on both sides because 82 clear glass lights were still unknown.

Bild9.jpg.4457ef1375275c7eb7b3559476964698.jpg

Bild10.jpg.2585278fe1653e7e7532824ba7282ae3.jpg

Bild12.jpg.fd11ec0cf229827ddae42114f0af71f0.jpg

Bild13.jpg.be15525098e6f7340db9a63628cb4780.jpg

The reflector of the back light is a part from a cat´s eye from a bike. Fortuitously the contour fits to the body.

For to be not so glossy, the surface is sanded with 800 paper.

The reflector only snaps into the body, the joints will be sealed with butyl.

Bild11.jpg.6814bfe14f65bd2f5f47958ed4b8073b.jpg

assy group 25 / ornamentation

Bild18.jpg.6b837dbbbf924c95276c2011de1c85bb.jpg

Bild14.jpg.72b63a1b3849de10fdf7cdba71843a01.jpg

Bild15.jpg.64185137ce87c4a881bae0653bef0a6b.jpg

The ornamentation on the front fender is a other part out of the 3D printer (Filament ABS printer). Not the best choice for such small pieces. For that I prefer a polyjet printer.

For positioning after coating, a hole and a pin is very helpful.

Ornamentation for the hood. Printed on self-adhesive foil, put on a 0,5mm polystyrene plate and cut out with a cutter knife.

I know, the Ford til 1981 do have the Ornamentation but no Logo in the grille and from 82 the other way round. But some trucks have both.

assy group 26 / roll bar

Bild19.jpg.ff94b1a08cac6b23508742f5b7c72aa1.jpg

The decision in favor of the roll bar was made late. Originally, the model should to be built with the original paintwork and without a roll bar. When I decided on the exterior color by an happy accident, one thing blended in with the other. And so a roll bar had to be made.

The loading bed lighting was omitted again.

Bild16.jpg.7b39ab0959107b33827237afdb469a40.jpg

Bild17.jpg.2df5d885459e6ccde8c61b4a56f125f3.jpg

The LED should be adjusted with the lens to the front, so that they can use as a high beam. That means modifying the LED/resistor and squeeze it all into the lamp-housing.

Bild0.jpg.8f7f91f4b329208dabea0b56cfccbcee.jpg

That was the exterior...

For videos nabble need a link to youtube or sth like that if I understood right. I don´t use any social media exept 2 forums and I don´t wanna change it. If there is no other way to post videos, unfortunately it has to work without it :nabble_anim_crazy:

have a nice day, greetings, :nabble_anim_working: Tobias

"... there´s a dust in my eyes that blinds my sight, and silence that speak so much louder than words, of promises broken..." Pink Floyd / sorrow :nabble_smiley_music: one of my favorite songs. I hear it in my head til awaking...

assy group 11 / floor

The floor is a mounting part. That´s easier for the bench assembly and even for the coating. At the top you see an reinforcement plate. It gives the construction the stability with is lost caused of the tunnel.

In the lower pic left you see the a momentary contact switch mounted. It´s used for the brake light.

Below the floor, switched by the lever for the differential lock, the switch for hazard warning lights. There wasn´t any space on the dashboard.

assy group 12 / wiper

The headlamp diffuser had to be cut on the suitable size for the grille to then be glued with the reflector.The headlights and the turn signal light are glued with the frond end. The wire clamp is only for the eye.

I built the housing for turn signal light out of available reflectors. Cut ´em on the required mass, glued a lower and upper plate on and finished it with a orange diffuser. The orange diffuser was sanded on both sides because 82 clear glass lights were still unknown.

The reflector of the back light is a part from a cat´s eye from a bike. Fortuitously the contour fits to the body.

The ornamentation on the front fender is a other part out of the 3D printer (Filament ABS printer). Not the best choice for such small pieces. For that I prefer a polyjet printer.

Ornamentation for the hood. Printed on self-adhesive foil, put on a 0,5mm polystyrene plate and cut out with a cutter knife.

I know, the Ford til 1981 do have the Ornamentation but no Logo in the grille and from 82 the other way round. But some trucks have both.

assy group 26 / roll bar

The decision in favor of the roll bar was made late. Originally, the model should to be built with the original paintwork and without a roll bar. When I decided on the exterior color by an happy accident, one thing blended in with the other. And so a roll bar had to be made.

The LED should be adjusted with the lens to the front, so that they can use as a high beam. That means modifying the LED/resistor and squeeze it all into the lamp-housing.

That was the exterior...

For videos nabble need a link to youtube or sth like that if I understood right. I don´t use any social media exept 2 forums and I don´t wanna change it. If there is no other way to post videos, unfortunately it has to work without it :nabble_anim_crazy:

This is some awesome work. I see the electricals actually light up, very cool. What other parts will be functional? Doors and hood open and close, wheels roll, and so on?

This is some awesome work. I see the electricals actually light up, very cool. What other parts will be functional? Doors and hood open and close, wheels roll, and so on?

Yes, that is absolutely awesome work! :nabble_anim_claps:

On the YouTube video, you want to copy the “embed code”. Then in your post tick the box that says “Message is in HTML format” and paste the code in to your reply. I like to double the pixel height and width. Plus, in HTML mode an “enter” doesn’t get you a line feed. So click on formatting and then Line Feed to manually enter one.

Hi Pete,

of course the wheels will roll. But I don´t install an engine. For that you have also have to install a battery pack, a RC-receiver and a controller. And there isn´t ans space left. But it doesn´t matter - that all only disturbs the scale and it´s a challenge for manufacturing. Eg. the steering: the steering will be controlled by the steering wheel via a transmission. At the moment I´m workin on it :nabble_smiley_cool: exiting!

To your other question: in the first post is listing of functions the modell will have, right bevor the assy group list. Please take look.

:nabble_anim_working:Tobias

Yes, that is absolutely awesome work! :nabble_anim_claps:

On the YouTube video, you want to copy the “embed code”. Then in your post tick the box that says “Message is in HTML format” and paste the code in to your reply. I like to double the pixel height and width. Plus, in HTML mode an “enter” doesn’t get you a line feed. So click on formatting and then Line Feed to manually enter one.

Hi Gary,

as I understand you, there´s a need to have an you tube account to create that code. I don´t like to share my videos on a channel where others post their screwed up political opinion. However, I think another possibility is to load th video up to my one drive and set a link in the post.

Hi Gary,

as I understand you, there´s a need to have an you tube account to create that code. I don´t like to share my videos on a channel where others post their screwed up political opinion. However, I think another possibility is to load th video up to my one drive and set a link in the post.

I think you can do the embed trick with One Drive as well. I need to try that but haven’t.

assy group 11 / floor

Bild1.jpg.a90514cf8f7a1da5f3de8b063e965876.jpg

Bild2.jpg.ec4136c9bbfcdb2d8973c0c4a615e8a4.jpg

assy group 12 / wiper

Bild3.jpg.78a32eb0f5f6e96730680f0c221fc477.jpg

Bild4.jpg.448b61c60f2f4330d3491915010a8f6d.jpg

Bild7.jpg.5ddeda3ade1e2ba764cd2bad9d729aa1.jpg

Bild8.jpg.bb9b6193409acd5904abecf0d5b59159.jpg

Bild9.jpg.e24aada47e79fd2f6cf5714ec1e3a7de.jpg

Bild10.jpg.6f4f44cffa3a6f15ff8939bf1bd4e69e.jpg

Bild12.jpg.23e375df7e84a626498a2c9562286dd1.jpg

Bild13.jpg.d5084c4e10168642c1252a3a72a7e8f1.jpg

Bild11.jpg.43018f8cfa4968cc24616e9c6c7c7351.jpg

Bild18.jpg.0776ce8f400f905883447ae3d376435b.jpg

Bild14.jpg.b534fce53af6783227da4bbbb8a32f75.jpg

Bild15.thumb.jpg.48317413abe2db93c8d93fb34c3fed90.jpg

assy group 26 / roll bar

Bild19.jpg.2abce4b002cab7d39a87157d23f4b88d.jpg

Bild16.jpg.f90ada6107a76740ba7ae24124184334.jpg

Bild17.jpg.8b1390ca999b1053e503bfe318fdc72b.jpg

Bild0.jpg.3c8f09e6a557f09a28320b39811d5c4e.jpg

That was the exterior...

moin moin :nabble_smiley_cool:

assy group 17 / bench

Bild3.jpg.78a32eb0f5f6e96730680f0c221fc477.jpg

Bild4.jpg.448b61c60f2f4330d3491915010a8f6d.jpg

Starting basic is the bench from the Toyota Bruiser kit.

For the Ford bench it must be split and the hump will be removed.

Bild5.jpg.b1908bc450fd73a2b0ee0d4745922783.jpg

Bild6.jpg.57f1a968eacd442b181d7ae0a64b4bfd.jpg

Bild7.jpg.5ddeda3ade1e2ba764cd2bad9d729aa1.jpg

assy group 18 / dashboard

Bild8.jpg.bb9b6193409acd5904abecf0d5b59159.jpg

2 pressure switches for head lights and wiper

2 flip switches for ventilation fan and roll bar lights

Bild9.jpg.e24aada47e79fd2f6cf5714ec1e3a7de.jpg

The ventilation channel. At that moment I did not know that holes above the display aren´t holes, they are pilot lights. I could not recognize it on the pixelated jpegs.

However, now it is a air vent.

For assembling the dashboard the Y-branch at the end is a mounting part.

Bild10.jpg.6f4f44cffa3a6f15ff8939bf1bd4e69e.jpg

The dashboard is also a kit from the Toyota Bruiser. Above you see the starting part.

Steering wheel modified to the Ford Design. To this time I still used the old filler. You see the shrinkage.

The speedometer insert is covered witch an acrylic pane. For that I printed a self adhesive decal that needs some pre-work in ms-paint because the white lines weren’t color 0. So they get some color while printing.

Bild11.jpg.43018f8cfa4968cc24616e9c6c7c7351.jpg

The dashboard couldn´t stay like this. A similar to the Ford was not recognizable.

1. air vends filed square, upper strip gets thicker

2. built a console for the radio

3. surface lifted and twisted phased out

4. dials for the radio and 4 switches for the heating added.

Glove box to open. From this point it wasn´t far to an illuminated glove box.

Bild12.jpg.23e375df7e84a626498a2c9562286dd1.jpg

Some decals had been applied.

The grain was practically stamped into the wet paint with genuine leather.

Bild13.jpg.d5084c4e10168642c1252a3a72a7e8f1.jpg

assy group 19 /steering column switch

Bild14.jpg.b534fce53af6783227da4bbbb8a32f75.jpg

Bild15.thumb.jpg.48317413abe2db93c8d93fb34c3fed90.jpg

The turn signal lever dummy should then be replaced by a functional lever.

This is the lever in neutral position.

segment disc 1

On the right the large ignition lock. In the center the positioning-pin to avoid tilting disc 1 to disc 3. The cut out is for disc 2.

segment disc 2

Deviating from the construction the complete head is made of aluminum. That simplified the angle-adjustment.

The ring and the head are screwed.

segment disc 3

The contacts are 2 perpendicular soldered copper plates (1+2) with are clamped in the slotted disc. The elongated hole is used by the cable from disc 2.

assy group 20 / body inner trim

Bild16.jpg.f90ada6107a76740ba7ae24124184334.jpg

The seatbelts, fastened at the body, should be similar to the original automatic belts. The belt itself is a thin leather stripe with a fabric lamination (total thickness 0,5mm).

The extraction is made possible by an elastic braid, that has been pulled through an 1,5mm eyelet at the end.

The elastic braid is not too tight. The model should be a used car and so the belts may hang a bit.

Bild17.jpg.8b1390ca999b1053e503bfe318fdc72b.jpg

Bild20.jpg.3ebe71d5b133dae01e160144a26f1e88.jpg

The sun visors you can fold down and sway to the side like the origin.

The interior lightning is switched by the door hinges.

Bild1.jpg.a90514cf8f7a1da5f3de8b063e965876.jpg

Bild2.jpg.ec4136c9bbfcdb2d8973c0c4a615e8a4.jpg

Ball-bearing interior mirror, so that the adjustment like the original is guaranteed

assy group 23 / pedals

Bild18.jpg.0776ce8f400f905883447ae3d376435b.jpg

Bild19.jpg.2abce4b002cab7d39a87157d23f4b88d.jpg

The carpet is a flocked paper colored in anthracite.

On demand, the brake pedal presses the button , which

in turn makes contact with the brake lights.

__________________________________________________________________________-

that was the interior... :nabble_anim_handshake:

Bild0.jpg.3c8f09e6a557f09a28320b39811d5c4e.jpg

now it´s time to what my bed is doing... so alone... (the bed..) lol...

:nabble_anim_working: Tobias

Hi Gary,

Hi guys,

now I start with the chassis frame and the landing gear.

assy group 15 / chassis frame

Bild3.jpg.808463b09a15d412831b03ec80a59bd4.jpg

The wheels must have a tire diameter of 65mm so that the model is consistent.

A frame and leaf suspension can then be installed on the rear axle as in the original.

The frame was constructed according to the drawing above. The location of the tank, its fastening straps, the spare wheel and the safety bracket were taken from many original photos with were set in scale in my CAD programm. It was a bit tricky caused of the vanishing point perspective of the photos and the technical perspective of the data. :nabble_anim_working:

Bild4.jpg.24a3d1b359e11e2f7ce019d536c8d520.jpg

The cut outs are necessary for the body floor. For to stabilize it when the chassis frame stands alone, an insert is needed (upper picture).

Bild5.jpg.a442c7d242f72ca976fa3227db8464c7.jpg

Mounting dome for rear damper.

The mounting plates for the twin beams will be screwed...

...to the cross member.

Bild25.jpg.ef9d1c4f35ab58d6ea4d5e49865da0f9.jpg

spring and damper bracket

assy group 22 / bumper

Bild1.jpg.d162f920e872db08fe0e04a2e6ef840b.jpg

Bild2.jpg.8b296f2ec452ffb1990ad485369ac6f4.jpg

assy group 24 / underbody parts

tank

Bild6.jpg.0bdc4589662e2073b1fb07e96f5f5035.jpg

Bild7.jpg.9edaf88c4f68de2c02a17465801ac205.jpg

The corner radius get built under temperature, the small radius at the edge are profiles.

Because the Ford has tin-tank, crimpings and a welding flange must be added..

connection 1: inlet from the filler neck

connection 2: outlet with a cap.

Pos.3 vent pipe

The filling volume I have measured with 55ml

The clamping band for the tank is pinned to the chassis frame.

Bild8.jpg.cb1dab27e606f977ae5e6985cfe5f048.jpg

sparewheel

Bild9.thumb.jpg.79cecb16406fda9c6dd2312af9af22d6.jpg

assy group 27 / chassis suspension rear

Bild10.jpg.9c5310f49fabf786a27e942f9998af01.jpg

The manufacturer of the suspension struts (1) had the idea of ​​producing suspension struts with the look of a damper, i.e. the spring lies within the cylindrical housing. Since everything is made of aluminum, it should be possible to build an oil damper from it.

Bild11.jpg.8d8f9a67e06da465d1a20a36604c22e1.jpg

It is not so easy to find a tire-rim combination that corresponds to the required size. If the outside-Ø of 65mm fits roughly, the inside-Ø is much too large, so that only a relatively thin rubber pad results. If both are consistent, the width is completely oversized.

I found what I was looking for in the truck sector. There are actually a wide variety of tires with different profiles. Only the rims don't fit the F250.

The model for the design of the rim was the truck from Martin's Ranch. I will have the rims printed on a 3D printer using the MJF process. The material is PA12, a polyamide with low water absorption and very good strength. The quality is many times better than that of a filament printer and the reworking is correspondingly lower. After all, the imbalance should be as small as possible.

Bild12.jpg.72a883c04878333c5e4ee978d93c7b0e.jpg

Each leaf spring is made out of a 0,5mm phosphorus bronze. The first pairing was too smooth, but a 2nd was quickly done.

Bild13.thumb.jpg.76392a968378b20431459a8afa16d926.jpg

For the upper damper screwing in the chassis frame there is already a pin.

For the lower one a bracket must be soldered to the outer axle tube.

Bild14.jpg.1a5edaeef53da8fb77cf2b3f7fe961a3.jpg

Bild15.jpg.fad98c604833e60234669d8e96946842.jpg

The both half parts from the purchased XC-CC-01 Chassis must be shortened and modified.

I had to add new seats (??) for the ball bearings.

Bild16.jpg.29cbf21365938c5c06cb0a9cf5bec92b.jpg

Bild17.jpg.eeb8f5bf4c5a414842790eb9ed62f89d.jpg

No. 1 is the attachment for the rim

Bild18.jpg.95f8ca03d4a6095e2fb1174cf020a133.jpg

Bild19.jpg.6081dcadec2731747ef2661052279b17.jpg

1. Brake line from front to rear. Above the flex-connection

to make the landing gear shock strut compression

possible.

2. Junction for right to left

3. Brake line rear

4. Connection brake line to drum brake

5. Connection wire parking brake to drum brake