Bullnose Forums

Muminvaters F250 scale 1:13

muminvater

Here we go again… (white snake) :nabble_smiley_music:

assy group 2 / door outer handle / latch

The ordered door handle (the lower handle in the upper picture) had to be shortened in two dimensions: on the one hand, it was too long and, on the other hand, it is too far outwards. The beautiful bracket had to be omitted and replaced by a simple 4-cornered handle block.

can adjust it exactly on the desired closing force of the door. On the left side the latch-plate with M2 screws with a minimized head. Right next to it you see the opposite part, the threaded plate.

Left side lower the latch with the locking bolt with will be mounted to the body. Via the thread you can exactly adjust the door on the desired closing force.

assy group 3 / exterior mirror

Auxiliary tool for bending the mirror arm. 1. Prototype in circular geometry

The finished „swing away“ exterior mirrors. The protective film is still on the mirror surface, which is only removed after painting.

Fastening screws and nuts in size M1.2 are amazingly durable.

assy group 4 / window lifter

For assembling the window the glass run channel front is removable

The window grabber is a copper-brass construction that clips into the glass.

A square tube is soldered into the axle of the small drive gear wheel for torque transmission.

For trouble-free lowering/lifting the window a lot of fine-tuning was necessary.

1. Modifying the cut offs or boundaries of the glass to avoid an tilting of the window.

2. The window grabber moved 5mm backwards

3. On the outer side of the window, I added 2 wedges to harmonize the lowering/lifting.

4. The lifterarm received some deformation

5. I tried different gears with different modul (do you use this word to calculate a gear in USA?)

6. At last I had to remove the coating out of the glass run channel. It turned out that the metallic paint

had a significant (bad) effect on the gliding behavior. Instead, a layer of flocked paper was glued in.

assy group 5 / door hinge

the second hinge, you see the first one in some pics of the assy group 1.

assy group 13 / triangle window

Why the window rotates with the offset axis is not quite clear to me yet. In any case, it did not work with an aligned axis. The holes are 0.5mm larger than the pins, so that the window axis has enough clearance.

assy group 16 / door inner trim

The door inner panel is an assembly part as well. Hooked behind the doorplate at 3 positons, you have fix it with 2 screws.

The back has a smooth surface so that the lifterarm can not jam.

So, that´s the door :nabble_smiley_whistling: A lot of stuff. While translating my reportbook I myself was astonished about the amount of parts :nabble_anim_confused:

enjoy reading, post your impressions and also your criticism, greetings Tobias :nabble_anim_working:

Very impressive! The wing vents (triangular windows) pivot on the lower axis and an upper pivot that is hidden. They do tilt slightly when opened due to the inward slant of the door top.

I would get you some pictures, but I updated my interior to a 1996 interior and had to go to the squared off front on the wing vents to clear the driver's end of the dash where the instruments are.

The translation you were trying to find for the piece behind the transmission, is probably "transfer case" where the drive for the front axle and the 4WD shift and Hi-Lo range shift takes place.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive! The wing vents (triangular windows) pivot on the lower axis and an upper pivot that is hidden. They do tilt slightly when opened due to the inward slant of the door top.

I would get you some pictures, but I updated my interior to a 1996 interior and had to go to the squared off front on the wing vents to clear the driver's end of the dash where the instruments are.

The translation you were trying to find for the piece behind the transmission, is probably "transfer case" where the drive for the front axle and the 4WD shift and Hi-Lo range shift takes place.

Hi Bill,

some pics of the wing vend sounds good but if it doesn´t fit in case of your modified dashboard/interior doestn´t matter. In the model it works quite good

The translation ist trans case. Ich watched it up in the bullnose website :nabble_smiley_good:

The ordered door handle (the lower handle in the upper picture) had to be shortened in two dimensions: on the one hand, it was too long and, on the other hand, it is too far outwards. The beautiful bracket had to be omitted and replaced by a simple 4-cornered handle block.

can adjust it exactly on the desired closing force of the door. On the left side the latch-plate with M2 screws with a minimized head. Right next to it you see the opposite part, the threaded plate.

Left side lower the latch with the locking bolt with will be mounted to the body. Via the thread you can exactly adjust the door on the desired closing force.

The finished „swing away“ exterior mirrors. The protective film is still on the mirror surface, which is only removed after painting.

A square tube is soldered into the axle of the small drive gear wheel for torque transmission.

For trouble-free lowering/lifting the window a lot of fine-tuning was necessary.

1. Modifying the cut offs or boundaries of the glass to avoid an tilting of the window.

3. On the outer side of the window, I added 2 wedges to harmonize the lowering/lifting.

5. I tried different gears with different modul (do you use this word to calculate a gear in USA?)

6. At last I had to remove the coating out of the glass run channel. It turned out that the metallic paint

had a significant (bad) effect on the gliding behavior. Instead, a layer of flocked paper was glued in.

Why the window rotates with the offset axis is not quite clear to me yet. In any case, it did not work with an aligned axis. The holes are 0.5mm larger than the pins, so that the window axis has enough clearance.

The door inner panel is an assembly part as well. Hooked behind the doorplate at 3 positons, you have fix it with 2 screws.

So, that´s the door :nabble_smiley_whistling: A lot of stuff. While translating my reportbook I myself was astonished about the amount of parts :nabble_anim_confused:

enjoy reading, post your impressions and also your criticism, greetings Tobias :nabble_anim_working:

Very nice! Impressive!

Bild11.jpg.fd533ae7268d33fced6e2d768d89bc8d.jpg

Bild12.jpg.a3be0af7bc29133c0d1660dea775f71f.jpg

Bild13.jpg.d15d59fa8e1a8e9284fc4be052b857dc.jpg

Bild14.jpg.ee0810993b668cf0dfce939ae88d5ed3.jpg

Bild15.jpg.fdfb83b4a28b6524130a5c5e0c14dd4d.jpg

Bild16.jpg.3cd900749b8b6c123f45124a10555162.jpg

Bild17.jpg.d2c85d804bbd9a8b1c493ae924bb6058.jpg

Bild18.jpg.a14b058be9bc08d8f2013126ead0687e.jpg

Bild19.jpg.4b9a66dd5254b964697c8b2c1205f932.jpg

Bild20.jpg.6d95148925bad45ffbc55faec494a5af.jpg

hello to you,

let´s go on with

assy group 6 / body in white

Bild1.jpg.8bb0eafdd9b8790ff42ff01576c8f161.jpg

Bild2.thumb.jpg.3875ff7393cdf9671932b38877ed2ebe.jpg

Manufactured individual parts according to drawing and part – assemblies.

Bild3.jpg.15b65e2c6e1f8db494ac4e57c2937fe0.jpg

Bild4.jpg.7c0525dbb1c6261a33f26447a6938ffb.jpg

I shaped the components with 3-D contours using an embossing heat tool.

The air flow of the embossing heat tool is, depending on the model, between "only" 130°C/266°F(my model) and 200°C/392°F and thus benefits the low melting point of ABS / styrene.

A hot air gun, on the other hand, has an air flow temperature.

The original from 1980 - 1986 was not available with a glass or sliding top, the cutout must be closed.

Bild5.jpg.af1e4de255f73c5a4fcf4b0a7372d7e7.jpg

Of course, the typically large trim strips over the wheel arches of the 7th generation should not be missing.

After a smooth warming with a hair dryer, the trim strips could glue on tension free.

assy group 7 / front end

Bild6.jpg.7eb167ab06073798958bccf716ad5508.jpg

Bild7.jpg.d9d7b2228d697eb31de383cd713323ad.jpg

The front cross member was installed and the fenders lengthened to the front. 4 screwing positions for the frontend assembled, 2 in X und 2 in Y direction.

The side of the front end had to be shortened and the lower fastening was installed.

Bild8.jpg.df5e683b8d1b04e20b31c67ac10902d4.jpg

Bild9.jpg.b6af80f55a1d90bbbe3ef620f68f98c2.jpg

The central recess in the body had to be widened for the ventilation grille. It´s depth is exactly right for a 1mm plate .

Bild10.jpg.0570ccabfb753eb605ab3ffcce22406d.jpg

The front end of the Tamyia Blackfoot 3 should be the starting point.

Milled out for indicators and headlights as well as for the original F150 grill.

Grill grid inserted and hole for the hood opener.

Movable Ford logo with compression spring prepared as a hood opener.

Gauze in anthracite and a coarser grille in black above provide the radiator fins optics.

Bild11.jpg.fd533ae7268d33fced6e2d768d89bc8d.jpg

Then the grill had to be revised again: the individual ribs became a little thicker. The grooves shown above were created on the mill so that the distances are identical everywhere.

assy group 8 / hood, hood hinges locking device

Bild17.jpg.d2c85d804bbd9a8b1c493ae924bb6058.jpg

Bild18.jpg.a14b058be9bc08d8f2013126ead0687e.jpg

Of course the tuning hood must be removed and the area rebuilt. At the same time, the holes for the mounting domes were also closed.

on the right picture the central bead was rebuilt and pulled over the entire hood. Then a test coating was done.

Bild19.jpg.4b9a66dd5254b964697c8b2c1205f932.jpg

Bild20.jpg.6d95148925bad45ffbc55faec494a5af.jpg

Saw off the curve of the hood of the 9th Gen. The sloping surface at the front contoured under heat. Reinforced beading on the middle of the hood and modified the fenders.

Bild12.jpg.a3be0af7bc29133c0d1660dea775f71f.jpg

Bild13.jpg.d15d59fa8e1a8e9284fc4be052b857dc.jpg

Bild14.jpg.ee0810993b668cf0dfce939ae88d5ed3.jpg

The mounting plate (3) with the 2 pressed-in threaded pins was glued to the body with 2-component resin adhesive. The length of the hinges (1) could be adjusted via the elongated holes in the screw bracket (2), but they still needed some readjustment in terms of angularity until the hood was where it should be.

Bild15.jpg.fdfb83b4a28b6524130a5c5e0c14dd4d.jpg

Bild16.jpg.3cd900749b8b6c123f45124a10555162.jpg

As like the origin, two locking devices are installed. If the hood is in the end position, both locks automatically fall into the locked position.

Bild0.jpg.6df325e9827580ce42016f7706aba84c.jpg

That´s it for today :nabble_smiley_beam: wish you a nice rest of the weekend :nabble_anim_working:

hello to you,

let´s go on with

The air flow of the embossing heat tool is, depending on the model, between "only" 130°C/266°F(my model) and 200°C/392°F and thus benefits the low melting point of ABS / styrene.

The original from 1980 - 1986 was not available with a glass or sliding top, the cutout must be closed.

Of course, the typically large trim strips over the wheel arches of the 7th generation should not be missing.

After a smooth warming with a hair dryer, the trim strips could glue on tension free.

assy group 7 / front end

The front cross member was installed and the fenders lengthened to the front. 4 screwing positions for the frontend assembled, 2 in X und 2 in Y direction.

The side of the front end had to be shortened and the lower fastening was installed.

The central recess in the body had to be widened for the ventilation grille. It´s depth is exactly right for a 1mm plate .

Milled out for indicators and headlights as well as for the original F150 grill.

Gauze in anthracite and a coarser grille in black above provide the radiator fins optics.

Then the grill had to be revised again: the individual ribs became a little thicker. The grooves shown above were created on the mill so that the distances are identical everywhere.

Of course the tuning hood must be removed and the area rebuilt. At the same time, the holes for the mounting domes were also closed.

on the right picture the central bead was rebuilt and pulled over the entire hood. Then a test coating was done.

Saw off the curve of the hood of the 9th Gen. The sloping surface at the front contoured under heat. Reinforced beading on the middle of the hood and modified the fenders.

The mounting plate (3) with the 2 pressed-in threaded pins was glued to the body with 2-component resin adhesive. The length of the hinges (1) could be adjusted via the elongated holes in the screw bracket (2), but they still needed some readjustment in terms of angularity until the hood was where it should be.

As like the origin, two locking devices are installed. If the hood is in the end position, both locks automatically fall into the locked position.

That´s it for today :nabble_smiley_beam: wish you a nice rest of the weekend :nabble_anim_working:

Guten abend. That is mighty impressive work. :nabble_anim_claps:

hello to you,

let´s go on with

Bild1.jpg.b14bd7ad374b72cd2a7bc8873a25967b.jpg

Bild2.jpg.af944fc98487a258bdb4a7342abfdcfd.jpg

Bild3.jpg.3dc4be6d1cc813583dd5f1da507bf380.jpg

Bild4.jpg.6c7bd6225ba226db36d395f0606df106.jpg

Bild5.jpg.0a8d487894c0ab5706b801c6dd67487d.jpg

assy group 7 / front end

Bild7.jpg.e782031a5fa0f94eaf884889b90d36ca.jpg

Bild8.jpg.7c8142bdff8381755663f5984b559e5a.jpg

Bild9.jpg.6e85355c8e43399d7004321b3f1294e0.jpg

Bild10.jpg.5e7826561d303a28896d5f89061d6fc4.jpg

Bild0.jpg.06e9c7e31df24b0e78c53a05f83eb3ab.jpg

moin moin, :nabble_smiley_cool:

to complete the body, I go further with no 14.

assy group 14 / tailgate, loading bed

Bild21.jpg.c394a2488cec11f22e83e792feccfdef.jpg

Bild22.jpg.2d031bcc5f1461ff73d0c03e0a57ee37.jpg

Bild23.jpg.fc094c0dfbfbf2493117ddfaac7d7f0c.jpg

To open the tailgate, the loading bed (is it the right expression? In German I use Ladeboden) necessarily has to move about 18mm lower.

Then you get a planar surface with the opened tailgate.

Lowered loading bed, new bigger wheel housings glued and spackled. Holes and tool-related cut outs were cleaned up at the same time.

The wheel housings are one of a few parts out of a 3D printer.

Bild25.jpg.f959ac5e5a4a6bd17177e1faf2916f6b.jpg

Bild26.jpg.1da74da1cb424b55b09ee861d08bedcb.jpg

Tailgate unit sawed.

The backlights must be build new as mountable modules. The tailgate itself has to be modified to the design of the year of manufacturing 1982 and completed with hinges.

Joints spackled and sanded. Ornamentation out of the 3D printer glued

Bild27.jpg.eec16a9446e704817ee74629281714d5.jpg

Milled hinge parts and for a demountable tailgate 90° angled axis.

The body-sided hinges are glued in a bed of the 2-component aluminum filler.

And now, the opened tailgate and the loading bed are on the same level.

Bild28.jpg.ba71fa84bc1423e05d3fc4bf7520b22b.jpg

Bild29.jpg.aba21027a1c4ee29bd65444696cee7bc.jpg

Millings for latch and handle fastenings were done.

Adjustable clipping for the tailgate via Allen screw with a spherical grounded head.

On the opposite side on the tailgate, there is a Aluminum plate with a drilling, in with fits the head of the Allen screw.

Bild24.jpg.01febba2963f50f5540a42e315efc605.jpg

Only much later did I find out that the loading bed of the original is not smooth, but pushed through to the outside.

So the surface had to be cut out again.

The panel was then moved outwards so that at the waistline a 90° folded flange could created.

The beading was reproduced by doubling.

assy group 9 / hood latch

Bild1.jpg.b14bd7ad374b72cd2a7bc8873a25967b.jpg

Bild2.jpg.af944fc98487a258bdb4a7342abfdcfd.jpg

Bild3.jpg.3dc4be6d1cc813583dd5f1da507bf380.jpg

The locking bolt of the hood dips through the hole in the cross member and meets the fork-shaped recessed lock latch there. The latch is so narrow that the locking bolt only fits through when the latch rotates in its mounting. This is triggered by the wedge-shaped molding of the locking bolt. When the locking bolt is dipped deep enough, the tension spring snaps the latch back into the recess of the locking bolt and thus locks the hood.

The lock is only opened again by pressing the Ford logo, which tilts the latch back a little below the spring.

assy group 10 / tank flap

Bild5.jpg.0a8d487894c0ab5706b801c6dd67487d.jpg

Bild4.jpg.6c7bd6225ba226db36d395f0606df106.jpg

Flap cut out and hole refilled with 2comonent mass for exactly fitting.

With the idea that the tank should be fillable, the tank neck must also be designed accordingly. The first plastic nozzle with a glued cap was quickly removed and replaced with this brass tube with a copper cap.

assy group 13 / rear window

Bild7.jpg.e782031a5fa0f94eaf884889b90d36ca.jpg

Bild8.jpg.7c8142bdff8381755663f5984b559e5a.jpg

Bild9.jpg.6e85355c8e43399d7004321b3f1294e0.jpg

This is the cut out for the rear window generation 7.

Bild10.jpg.5e7826561d303a28896d5f89061d6fc4.jpg

The sliding window stops in the central position by a stopper.

A clip take care that the windows stay closed.

that was largely the body, some details will follow of course :nabble_smiley_uh: greetings, :nabble_anim_working: Tobias

Bild0.jpg.06e9c7e31df24b0e78c53a05f83eb3ab.jpg

moin moin, :nabble_smiley_cool:

to complete the body, I go further with no 14.

assy group 14 / tailgate, loading bed

To open the tailgate, the loading bed (is it the right expression? In German I use Ladeboden) necessarily has to move about 18mm lower.

Then you get a planar surface with the opened tailgate.

Lowered loading bed, new bigger wheel housings glued and spackled. Holes and tool-related cut outs were cleaned up at the same time.

The wheel housings are one of a few parts out of a 3D printer.

Tailgate unit sawed.

The backlights must be build new as mountable modules. The tailgate itself has to be modified to the design of the year of manufacturing 1982 and completed with hinges.

Joints spackled and sanded. Ornamentation out of the 3D printer glued

Milled hinge parts and for a demountable tailgate 90° angled axis.

The body-sided hinges are glued in a bed of the 2-component aluminum filler.

And now, the opened tailgate and the loading bed are on the same level.

Millings for latch and handle fastenings were done.

Adjustable clipping for the tailgate via Allen screw with a spherical grounded head.

On the opposite side on the tailgate, there is a Aluminum plate with a drilling, in with fits the head of the Allen screw.

Only much later did I find out that the loading bed of the original is not smooth, but pushed through to the outside.

So the surface had to be cut out again.

The panel was then moved outwards so that at the waistline a 90° folded flange could created.

The beading was reproduced by doubling.

assy group 9 / hood latch

The locking bolt of the hood dips through the hole in the cross member and meets the fork-shaped recessed lock latch there. The latch is so narrow that the locking bolt only fits through when the latch rotates in its mounting. This is triggered by the wedge-shaped molding of the locking bolt. When the locking bolt is dipped deep enough, the tension spring snaps the latch back into the recess of the locking bolt and thus locks the hood.

The lock is only opened again by pressing the Ford logo, which tilts the latch back a little below the spring.

assy group 10 / tank flap

Flap cut out and hole refilled with 2comonent mass for exactly fitting.

With the idea that the tank should be fillable, the tank neck must also be designed accordingly. The first plastic nozzle with a glued cap was quickly removed and replaced with this brass tube with a copper cap.

assy group 13 / rear window

This is the cut out for the rear window generation 7.

The sliding window stops in the central position by a stopper.

A clip take care that the windows stay closed.

that was largely the body, some details will follow of course :nabble_smiley_uh: greetings, :nabble_anim_working: Tobias

I keep saying WOW as I don’t know what else to say. That is so very much work, and so very well done. I’m in awe. :nabble_anim_claps: