Bullnose Forums

Muminvaters F250 scale 1:13

muminvater

Tobias - The antenna is 33" long, but is sitting on a 1/4" thick base. And it tapers from .150" to .100" with a .250" ball on the end.

Hope that helps.

so, I measured the model antenna.

actual dim :6,6mm

required dim: 33" = 86cm : 13 = 6,6mm

I am surprised, indeed. The lenght was estimated by a picture. Perhaps I should try some lotto tickets??

:nabble_anim_working: Tobias

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tobias - The antenna is 33" long, but is sitting on a 1/4" thick base. And it tapers from .150" to .100" with a .250" ball on the end.

Hope that helps.

so, I measured the model antenna.

actual dim :6,6mm

required dim: 33" = 86cm : 13 = 6,6mm

I am surprised, indeed. The lenght was estimated by a picture. Perhaps I should try some lotto tickets??

LOL! Yes, it might be lottery time! :nabble_anim_claps:

Perhaps I should try some lotto tickets??

Yep!:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

moin moin to you, wish you an exiting 2023! :nabble_anim_handshake:

a short intermezzo to the wheelhouse mods: the new switch for the hazard lights arrived and will be mounted. The old one is after glueing several additional parts six feet under and I learned already from the steering column switch: avoid glueing when possible.

Ok, new switch - new luck. The shift is already done in brass and it will be fixed with butyl. In the underwear I have to protect the cable junctions. So I built a box that jam on switch as fixation. And because I wanna know if it is possible to do, it should have a sliding top - no it is NOT necessesary, but nice :nabble_smiley_blush:

Kabelschutz_01.jpg.1895dfcbc526e5743404856547fa5446.jpg

Kabelschutz_02.jpg.591d99e2217e72cdbbc742cb2396d698.jpg

Kabelschutz_03.jpg.43008bcbe1234af3bc2c1bc6519a775f.jpg

Kabelschutz_04.jpg.9c34d5cc3c4d24c1660a535a4ad9510c.jpg

Kabelschutz_05.jpg.9b9d4c6c202517d0332f963252937b72.jpg

moin moin to you, wish you an exiting 2023! :nabble_anim_handshake:

a short intermezzo to the wheelhouse mods: the new switch for the hazard lights arrived and will be mounted. The old one is after glueing several additional parts six feet under and I learned already from the steering column switch: avoid glueing when possible.

Ok, new switch - new luck. The shift is already done in brass and it will be fixed with butyl. In the underwear I have to protect the cable junctions. So I built a box that jam on switch as fixation. And because I wanna know if it is possible to do, it should have a sliding top - no it is NOT necessesary, but nice :nabble_smiley_blush:

Tobias - Sorry for the late reply, but I've not understood your post until, maybe, just now. That box is to covers the terminals of the switch to ensure that nothing shorts them. Right?

That is serious attention to detail. :nabble_smiley_good:

... to ensure that nothing shorts them. Right?

no, that´s not the point (is it the right terminus?) It should protect the connections for collisions of what ever because the solder points are sensitiv and like to break when too often touched. So I build housings for the switches and connections when possible.

... to ensure that nothing shorts them. Right?

no, that´s not the point (is it the right terminus?) It should protect the connections for collisions of what ever because the solder points are sensitiv and like to break when too often touched. So I build housings for the switches and connections when possible.

That makes sense - protect the delicate connections. :nabble_smiley_good:

That makes sense - protect the delicate connections. :nabble_smiley_good:

the wheelhouses... :nabble_smiley_argh: the crimp couldn´t be deformed like I wished. After heating and stretching it was nice wavey but not to use for what it was thought. So I created a former plate with the geometry of the crimp and an edge guide (the fender).

I filled the gap with my aluminum filler and and formed it with the former plate.

Radausschnitt_Gen7_00.jpg.e6daacea4ade9f1ae4b80fe7d4d16af8.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_01.jpg.a6c0c11a4a02674bdf2ac9cf03e268a3.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_02.jpg.f9ed8c290530091f2b5d6d6ff52a728f.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_04.jpg.3c3ff47b7b01ed64e695cf8ded610856.jpg

the surface connection to the grille and to the door were easily done, the trimming of the wheelhouse parallel to the crimp as well.

Next step was the trim over the wheelhouse and the retainer for the rubberprofile on the body....

Radausschnitt_Gen7_07.jpg.07b5ed3de5391892b37bd45af4a8c1f2.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_08.jpg.f86fa0bec383b49a873cb5f0aee72d41.jpg

...and the door.

:nabble_anim_working: greetings, Tobias

the wheelhouses... :nabble_smiley_argh: the crimp couldn´t be deformed like I wished. After heating and stretching it was nice wavey but not to use for what it was thought. So I created a former plate with the geometry of the crimp and an edge guide (the fender).

I filled the gap with my aluminum filler and and formed it with the former plate.

the surface connection to the grille and to the door were easily done, the trimming of the wheelhouse parallel to the crimp as well.

Next step was the trim over the wheelhouse and the retainer for the rubberprofile on the body....

...and the door.

Wow! That is amazing! Very well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

...and the door.

Very nice body job, Tobias!

👍