Bullnose Forums

Muminvaters F250 scale 1:13

muminvater

Outstanding work Tobias!

The gifs really showcase how good the lighting is. :nabble_smiley_good:

It looks like your model truck is wearing a Pennsylvania license plate.

jep, it is a Pennsylvania license plate. This was my submission:

Pennsylvania.jpg.38dff88ed5aad7be50b47be7245d4c99.jpg

The covered areas are too small in 1:13, so you can´t recognize it.

I forget to post the Highlights on the roll bar and the cleaned up modul plate viewed from the upper side.

12_Highlights.jpg.f5c81816980c9823032439d0bca24e60.jpg

Modulplatte_2_13.jpg.a80da81b67bb4bea06008782fa12da56.jpg

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jep, it is a Pennsylvania license plate. This was my submission:

The covered areas are too small in 1:13, so you can´t recognize it.

I forget to post the Highlights on the roll bar and the cleaned up modul plate viewed from the upper side.

moin moin,

the cabin fan is connected to the dashboard again.

Geblaese_10.jpg.e26bb86d257ae1f519323862ff42e64d.jpg

Geblaese_11.jpg.4e7ade9def15f924e53fa48475908804.jpg

Geblaese_14.jpg.78817e268dcff55a2aec95893f80122d.jpg

assembling order:

- wipers

- doors

- dashboard

- modul plate

- fan

- floor

Geblaese_16.jpg.ca7bd7db1e38f8d105ec542fee91cc97.jpg

Geblaese_15.jpg.fcf7c662e1ed85217272a832ba585bc0.jpg

it's damn tight

but in this moment, I remember the steering shaft -o shit -

it seems, that it crosses the ventilation pipe midways :nabble_smiley_argh:

Meanwhile, I started repairing the turn signal lever. After removing the steering column switch was clear, no reuse possible. New parts are nescessary. Here are some pics of the the old one with the broken turn signal lever. the outer cover is also removed with a cutter.

defekt_Lenkstock_1_01.jpg.6b6c5ee270efe4d69ae30a5c067d36f6.jpg

Everything´s glued or spackeled :nabble_smiley_argh: and of course the cables too. That´s why a non-destructive disassambling was not possible.

The new one will be screwed.

defekt_Lenkstock_1_02.jpg.d39c8e6c9cdf587c865f981c8b5e2541.jpg

defekt_Lenkstock_1_05.jpg.4a2f2b131a58daef4210fd44c4928ee6.jpg

Greetings, :nabble_anim_working: Tobias

moin moin,

assembling order:

- wipers

- doors

- dashboard

- modul plate

- fan

- floor

it's damn tight

Meanwhile, I started repairing the turn signal lever. After removing the steering column switch was clear, no reuse possible. New parts are nescessary. Here are some pics of the the old one with the broken turn signal lever. the outer cover is also removed with a cutter.

Everything´s glued or spackeled :nabble_smiley_argh: and of course the cables too. That´s why a non-destructive disassambling was not possible.

WOW...I make my living designing and engineering with CAD systems. This is the most exciting thing I've seen in CAD in a LONG time. Love it.

I'm going to read through this thread tonight. I'd love to make a scale model with those CAD files. I'm sure you'll guard them closely though.

moin moin,

assembling order:

- wipers

- doors

- dashboard

- modul plate

- fan

- floor

it's damn tight

Tobias - It was going so well, so it is a bummer that the steering shaft hits the air pipe, and I presume that will have to be fixed.

And the turn signal lever. But you'll create the replacement easily, I'm sure. You are so close to being done and it is looking SO GOOD!

...I'd love to make a scale model with those CAD files. I'm sure you'll guard them closely though.

moin Ray,

if I understand you right, you are interested in my CAD Data for your scale models :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I would say that is not impossible. The data are no secrets, just a lot of work I did just for fun. I have either no financial interests nor some patent claims there on (never again!!).

So I can offer you in neutral formats iges and step or special stl. But I have no idea about the transfer. I havn´t no cloud or sth like that where you can download the data. It´s about 500 MB in Catia files.

greetings, :nabble_anim_working: Tobias

...It was going so well, so it is a bummer that the steering shaft hits the air pipe...

Hi Gary,

that's how I know I'm getting older. Formerly, I used to have all the parts in my head - nowadays it too much ballast. And so shit happens... I've been an adult before - it was stupid :nabble_anim_jump:

see you, Tobias

...I'd love to make a scale model with those CAD files. I'm sure you'll guard them closely though.

moin Ray,

if I understand you right, you are interested in my CAD Data for your scale models :nabble_smiley_whistling:

I would say that is not impossible. The data are no secrets, just a lot of work I did just for fun. I have either no financial interests nor some patent claims there on (never again!!).

So I can offer you in neutral formats iges and step or special stl. But I have no idea about the transfer. I havn´t no cloud or sth like that where you can download the data. It´s about 500 MB in Catia files.

greetings, :nabble_anim_working: Tobias

Tobias,

Wow thanks! Yeah, I could easily take step file and import "STEPIN" into AutoCAD. Currently, I don't have access Inventor or Solidworks. I have CREO for work. You can see some of my older 3D work here:

https://grabcad.com/ray.cecil-1

I have several friends with 3D printers who can print off the parts. STEP files are accepted in most 3d modeling software.

I'll figure out a way to transfer. Maybe you can upload to grabcad....or maybe I can setup a file share.

Tobias,

Wow thanks! Yeah, I could easily take step file and import "STEPIN" into AutoCAD. Currently, I don't have access Inventor or Solidworks. I have CREO for work. You can see some of my older 3D work here:

https://grabcad.com/ray.cecil-1

I have several friends with 3D printers who can print off the parts. STEP files are accepted in most 3d modeling software.

I'll figure out a way to transfer. Maybe you can upload to grabcad....or maybe I can setup a file share.

Hi Ray,

so we can do. But one restriction I must set: I release the data when my model is done - otherwise your´s is ready (with my data) and I´m still fuddeling... :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Do you really want to use filament printer? They are really not the best choice for such small models, especially in terms of dimensional accuracy. My favorite printer is a polyjet printer although you have to remove the support geometrie or a MJF printer. It´s similar to SLS but a better surface.

Combine the MJF with the right material eg. PA12 (lower water absobsion thn PA6) then you have a print with a very smooth surface, stable material and low costs.

Take a look at my rims, they made this way.

:nabble_anim_working: Tobias

Hi Ray,

so we can do. But one restriction I must set: I release the data when my model is done - otherwise your´s is ready (with my data) and I´m still fuddeling... :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Do you really want to use filament printer? They are really not the best choice for such small models, especially in terms of dimensional accuracy. My favorite printer is a polyjet printer although you have to remove the support geometrie or a MJF printer. It´s similar to SLS but a better surface.

Combine the MJF with the right material eg. PA12 (lower water absobsion thn PA6) then you have a print with a very smooth surface, stable material and low costs.

Take a look at my rims, they made this way.

:nabble_anim_working: Tobias

DLMS would be best....metal parts.

DLMS would be best....metal parts.

LOL, you are a prangster.... :nabble_anim_handshake:

of course a metal printer is better. Metal has a molecular network, plastics molecular chains. You can not compare. A metal print has about 96% strenght of the origin part, a printed plastic part is far away cause it is not possible to build the chains.

In the filament process a small point is melted on, the surrounded area is already too cold to build the chains with th new dot.

You can say:is necessary? OK, it depends on, I would answer. Your product should have a certain strenght, I think. It would be a pitty, you´re working at the model, the body between your knees and - KKRRKS - it breaks in pieces. Only because of the f...ing physics :nabble_anim_crazy: