Bullnose Forums

Muminvaters F250 scale 1:13

muminvater

the wheelhouses... :nabble_smiley_argh: the crimp couldn´t be deformed like I wished. After heating and stretching it was nice wavey but not to use for what it was thought. So I created a former plate with the geometry of the crimp and an edge guide (the fender).

I filled the gap with my aluminum filler and and formed it with the former plate.

the surface connection to the grille and to the door were easily done, the trimming of the wheelhouse parallel to the crimp as well.

Next step was the trim over the wheelhouse and the retainer for the rubberprofile on the body....

...and the door.

:nabble_anim_working: greetings, Tobias

Hi guys,

... and the rear wheelhouse is done. The same on the right side and then, there is only one task left (exept coating): replace the tinted windows with clear ones.

But first here are some pics from the wheelhouse and the trimline.

Radausschnitt_Gen7_14.jpg.ee848274a3da1fa50c7b26443f531683.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_15.jpg.6d736f25bcada2913043567f8e8a096d.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_16.jpg.52f6494f870ed417b1fc73b5b0703333.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_17.jpg.8dcd435c5791b81b8095d1241a1a2699.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_18.jpg.20989deb9218a8bafd75ab0394450ef1.jpg

Radausschnitt_Gen7_19.jpg.58737b3b2d0cff7f71bee69bd701d01c.jpg

The rubber is a sponge rubber with a double-sided tape. It will be fixed after coating. And it will be a black rubber of course :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

... and the rear wheelhouse is done. The same on the right side and then, there is only one task left (exept coating): replace the tinted windows with clear ones.

The rubber is a sponge rubber with a double-sided tape. It will be fixed after coating. And it will be a black rubber of course :nabble_smiley_wink:

That looks so "correct", Tobias. Well done! Can't wait to see the whole thing, done and painted. :nabble_smiley_good:

Hi guys,

moin to you...

there were some sealings to do... :nabble_smiley_cool:

For the wing vend and the outer waist sealing (to close the gap between door panel and window) I used a styrene strip. It was too small for a EPDM sealing, especially for mounting after coating.

The door sealing however, is made out of a sponge EPDM Profile. Cutting off the sides for a small tube, the length to miter joint and glue it together.

At last a double sided tape on the back and that´s it.

Schachtdichtung_01.jpg.b0bd102fd1616c43824c8d179cebcc4e.jpg

TDichtung_01.jpg.bd19f31e60ab2638c2ed0a06b36fc73e.jpg

TDichtung_03.jpg.0ee0934472175f356b55afba0ede5af6.jpg

:nabble_anim_working: greetings,Tobias

moin to you...

there were some sealings to do... :nabble_smiley_cool:

For the wing vend and the outer waist sealing (to close the gap between door panel and window) I used a styrene strip. It was too small for a EPDM sealing, especially for mounting after coating.

The door sealing however, is made out of a sponge EPDM Profile. Cutting off the sides for a small tube, the length to miter joint and glue it together.

At last a double sided tape on the back and that´s it.

:nabble_anim_working: greetings,Tobias

The attention to detail is just mind boggling! Well done!!!!

The attention to detail is just mind boggling! Well done!!!!

Thanks for your comment Gary :nabble_anim_handshake:

I think, at the end the details show the character of the model.

There is just one please I have to you. I need some pics of unwashed, dirty Fords. Body and chassy frame. When the coating is done, the Ford should get a "daily-used-optic" and for that I need some inspirations. Some places where typically rust likes to have its fun. I guess all ornamentics, handles, trims, cut outs eg. wheelhouses, exhaust...

It should not be a rusty one, but some few spots I think its not so bad.

:nabble_anim_jump: hey on Friday the new KATATONIA album will be released!! I´m very excited...

:nabble_anim_working: greetings Tobias

Thanks for your comment Gary :nabble_anim_handshake:

I think, at the end the details show the character of the model.

There is just one please I have to you. I need some pics of unwashed, dirty Fords. Body and chassy frame. When the coating is done, the Ford should get a "daily-used-optic" and for that I need some inspirations. Some places where typically rust likes to have its fun. I guess all ornamentics, handles, trims, cut outs eg. wheelhouses, exhaust...

It should not be a rusty one, but some few spots I think its not so bad.

:nabble_anim_jump: hey on Friday the new KATATONIA album will be released!! I´m very excited...

:nabble_anim_working: greetings Tobias

I don't actually have a good pic with which to show you the typical rust, but there are two areas - the rear cab corners and above the wheelwells on the bed. In the pic below of Big Blue you can see a teeny bit of rust bubbles above the rear wheels, and the light-colored area in the cab corner is due to repairs w/o being painted.

Maybe someone else has better pics?

Pass_Side_Rear_View.thumb.jpg.f60c9673a0d046d4e165064000a35315.jpg

I don't actually have a good pic with which to show you the typical rust, but there are two areas - the rear cab corners and above the wheelwells on the bed. In the pic below of Big Blue you can see a teeny bit of rust bubbles above the rear wheels, and the light-colored area in the cab corner is due to repairs w/o being painted.

Maybe someone else has better pics?

Tobias - I took a couple of pics today for you. First, here's the rust bubbling above the right rear wheel:

Rust_on_BBs_RR.thumb.jpg.0aee99bc2b99b1dd3d2999d4393dff28.jpg

And here's a shot of the cab corner that's been patched due to rust:

BBs_Patched_Cab_Corner.thumb.jpg.906a3eddd61c73e190db3b81846e2b41.jpg

Tobias - I took a couple of pics today for you. First, here's the rust bubbling above the right rear wheel:

And here's a shot of the cab corner that's been patched due to rust:

There was something I forgot to built: the floor mat on the driver side below the pedals :nabble_anim_crazy: so I rectified it today.

Boden_26.jpg.1df6be75cd4c0ac7bd334ad831d2722b.jpg

Boden_27.jpg.b85d10e1b978c2639c55c3121c42245f.jpg

Boden_29.jpg.37caced533c8784cde4ad9c05b60a11a.jpg

Boden_30.jpg.0435757e62c08f312f5ab3221b79fa18.jpg

• 2 weeks later...