Bullnose Forums

Round Two: When Should The Truck Show Be In 2023?

Gary Lewis
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It has been suggested that we consider having the show in late August instead of September, so let's do this again since I cannot edit the poll in the When Should The Truck Show Be In 2023? thread.

So if there is a chance that you might attend the show next year please vote in the poll below.

Things to consider:

• Temps: Labor Day is roughly the time when it starts cooling off here in Okiehoma - but only slightly. So each week earlier is probably going to be a bit warmer, and later tends to be a bit cooler. This year two weeks prior the temp at 2 pm was 93F. One week prior it was the same. On Sept 3rd it was 90. And while that may not seem a lot, part of the issue is that the lows change as well.

• The Gym: The event is held at our church building and we have a large air-conditioned gym that is right next to the parking lot where the trucks are shown. So you can easily go in and sit at a table to cool down, have a bite to eat, etc.

• Lodging: Hotel rooms are more expensive on Labor Day weekend than any other time.

I also voted for Labor Day.

A number of reasons both personal and speculative.

Granted, cooler weather would be nice...

I don't have a pig in this race but what is traffic like on a holiday weekend?

Sitting in traffic when it is 90°+ out is not fun.

Just something to think of.

Dave ----

I don't have a pig in this race but what is traffic like on a holiday weekend?

Sitting in traffic when it is 90°+ out is not fun.

Just something to think of.

Dave ----

I ended up voting for Labor Day weekend. Traffic seemed ok since I drove up Friday and returned Sunday - I'd expect traffic to be worse Monday. While I imagine Labor Day will compete for a lot of folks time, I appreciated it being that weekend just to allow an additional day for me to take care of weekend chores. If I had to pick an alternative date, I'd choose two weeks in either direction. The week before or after will likely just be a little harder to take off.

As an aside, it was great fun getting to see everyone and their rigs, If you're on the fence I'd recommend going.

I ended up voting for Labor Day weekend. Traffic seemed ok since I drove up Friday and returned Sunday - I'd expect traffic to be worse Monday. While I imagine Labor Day will compete for a lot of folks time, I appreciated it being that weekend just to allow an additional day for me to take care of weekend chores. If I had to pick an alternative date, I'd choose two weeks in either direction. The week before or after will likely just be a little harder to take off.

As an aside, it was great fun getting to see everyone and their rigs, If you're on the fence I'd recommend going.

Thanks! You answered Dave's question about traffic awa my question about when. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...