Bullnose Forums

Regular vs deluxe tu-tone?

Poor guy posts about paint options and we hijack the thread with beauty rings!

I too am a fan of wagon wheels and beauty ringshttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n124065/IMG_20220827_110829.jpg

lol I dont think there much more anyone can add to the paint description.

Yours must be factory ones right? They look a bit more wagon wheel like than mine. Mine are american racing wheels and the openings are more like rounded triangles where yours looks more like spokes.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am a fan of wagon wheels and beauty ringshttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n124065/IMG_20220827_110829.jpg

Yours must be factory ones right? They look a bit more wagon wheel like than mine. Mine are american racing wheels and the openings are more like rounded triangles where yours looks more like spokes.

I had 10" wheels with 31 x 10.5 x 15 tire and the tires did not wear good.

I then switched to a 8" wheel and new tires on the same truck. 86 K5 Blazer diesel and they wore a lot better.

On the 2 tone paint and pin stripe (decal) or not no one knows if the truck should or not have it as no one has said mine should have it at any of the shows I been to.

I also dont know if the roof should of been painted white or not as I could not tell and was to much work to paint so left it red LOL

20200227_161133.jpg.d3223c489d397b990cad2298f7de3ba1.jpg

I need to get a new picture with the lettering on the gate in white.

Dave ----

My wheels are an old school set of Jackmans. 15x10 with repop Ford style center caps.

These rims are HEAVY!

Would be interested in what size your beauty rings are, not diameter, or what they were originally on? My rings are terrible

Curt

I had 10" wheels with 31 x 10.5 x 15 tire and the tires did not wear good.

I then switched to a 8" wheel and new tires on the same truck. 86 K5 Blazer diesel and they wore a lot better.

On the 2 tone paint and pin stripe (decal) or not no one knows if the truck should or not have it as no one has said mine should have it at any of the shows I been to.

I also dont know if the roof should of been painted white or not as I could not tell and was to much work to paint so left it red LOL

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n124075/20200227_161133.jpg

I need to get a new picture with the lettering on the gate in white.

Dave ----

They might be going by the one I posted that stated there was no pinstriping break on the roof for the two tone. Which is weird because my truck is the original paint and was never repainted since the factory and it has the pinstriping on the roof breaking the argent silver roof from the midnight blue main body color. There is also a part number for said pinstriping as well in the ford catalog

For example the parts catalog has an illustration for Type 1 pinstriping which is just the roof which my truck has.

Type_1.png.90ecd7141ddbfaac526fa803eb49c957.png

Then Type 6 for the body side which is what my truck has on it

Type_6.png.c810232347e8f1e9efe17d17d650dfba.png

So what I came up with when I was looking into it for my truck was the following

Type 1 cab : E2TZ-1020000-AB - Dark Blue (1982) and Medium Blue

Type 6 cab : E5TZ-82320000-AB - Dark Blue (1985) and Medium Blue "Before 3/85" (there is no 1982 blue on blue listing in the catalog)

Type 6 Tailgate : E5TZ-8342604-AB - Dark blue (1985) and Medium Blue "Before 3/85"

I think its one of those things where there was no consistent rule so there is no way they could say one way or another if something is or isnt concourse in this case.

My wheels are an old school set of Jackmans. 15x10 with repop Ford style center caps.

These rims are HEAVY!

Would be interested in what size your beauty rings are, not diameter, or what they were originally on? My rings are terrible

Curt

Honestly I dont know what brand they are, they were on the rims when I bought them. They are stainless steel how ever. They dont rust and I rarely polish them. I dont think they are OE Ford but they could be I would have to pop them off one day and look on the back side for a manufacturer marking.