Bullnose Forums

Advice on Sensor Wiring Harness/Splices

ckuske

OK, I have 7 of the 9 wires done. I have found a couple more thermactor solenoid wires that could use the same treatment. Those connectors are in pretty bad shape also, I found these online and ordered a few even if they were pretty pricey... ($30 each!)

I also noted the MAP sensor connector is not great. I cannot find this same one in the Motorcraft catalog, and I've looked in the MPC and can't find it? Is anyone willing to help find it to see if there is a Motorcraft part ID associated with it? (WPT-XXX style) The engineering number is E43B-14A464-FB

Pics below, thank you!

I feel like I'm beginning to understand how a surgeon feels when they open someone up and get more than they bargained for...

Congrat's on passing the test. :nabble_anim_claps:

I'll see if I can come up with the part number for the connector tomorrow.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have 7 of the 9 wires done. I have found a couple more thermactor solenoid wires that could use the same treatment. Those connectors are in pretty bad shape also, I found these online and ordered a few even if they were pretty pricey... ($30 each!)

I also noted the MAP sensor connector is not great. I cannot find this same one in the Motorcraft catalog, and I've looked in the MPC and can't find it? Is anyone willing to help find it to see if there is a Motorcraft part ID associated with it? (WPT-XXX style) The engineering number is E43B-14A464-FB

Pics below, thank you!

I feel like I'm beginning to understand how a surgeon feels when they open someone up and get more than they bargained for...

I can't find E43B-14A464-FB in the 1985 cross reference, which is where it should be given the "E4" means 1984. And my '91 cross ref starts with E5. (I really need to find an '86 or '87ish cross ref.) Sorry. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I can't find E43B-14A464-FB in the 1985 cross reference, which is where it should be given the "E4" means 1984. And my '91 cross ref starts with E5. (I really need to find an '86 or '87ish cross ref.) Sorry. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Thanks for looking Gary, always appreciate a sanity check. :nabble_anim_crazy: :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll keep my eyes out for one, maybe it'll pop up on eBay or something. In the meantime, it will be fine the way it is.

Good luck. I wish I could find it and don't understand why it isn't in the cross ref. :nabble_anim_confused:

Thanks Gary, I'm hunting!

In the meantime, I got two of the connectors I wanted to replace in the mail from Rockauto. These are WPT-374 in the Motorcraft catalog. I appreciate the diligence of Ford Engineering, but the bad news is only of the two connectors fit into the two solenoids on the passenger side (sitting on the valve cover). The WPT-374 fits on the Thermactor Air Bypass Solenoid but not the Thermactor Air Divertor Solenoid. The connector key is on the wrong side for the latter.

Basically I need the same connector but with the key on the right hand side of the connector, not the left (key on the left works/fits for Air Bypass)

I just poked around and see a partial number on the offending connector: "14489 BA" (no dash). Help? I can't find it doing a 10 minute Google.

Thanks Gary, I'm hunting!

In the meantime, I got two of the connectors I wanted to replace in the mail from Rockauto. These are WPT-374 in the Motorcraft catalog. I appreciate the diligence of Ford Engineering, but the bad news is only of the two connectors fit into the two solenoids on the passenger side (sitting on the valve cover). The WPT-374 fits on the Thermactor Air Bypass Solenoid but not the Thermactor Air Divertor Solenoid. The connector key is on the wrong side for the latter.

Basically I need the same connector but with the key on the right hand side of the connector, not the left (key on the left works/fits for Air Bypass)

I just poked around and see a partial number on the offending connector: "14489 BA" (no dash). Help? I can't find it doing a 10 minute Google.

I looked on the better connector (where the replacement fits) and that is D84B-14489-AA. So I'm assuming the other side is D84B-14489-BA.

I'm hoping there is a "R/B" for these? Coming up short.

I looked on the better connector (where the replacement fits) and that is D84B-14489-AA. So I'm assuming the other side is D84B-14489-BA.

I have to take a second look but I guess I can shave off the key on the wrong side - I'd still be better off than I am right now... :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

This time I was able to find numbers:

Engineering/ID # Part Number

D84B-14489-AA D84Y 14489-A

D84B-14489-BA D84Y 14489-B

Hope that helps.

This time I was able to find numbers:

Engineering/ID # Part Number

D84B-14489-AA D84Y 14489-A

D84B-14489-BA D84Y 14489-B

Hope that helps.

Thanks Gary! More unobtainium though, drat! :nabble_smiley_cry: Found them one place online in Canada but they said they were out of stock.

Thank you for looking!