Bullnose Forums

Advice on Sensor Wiring Harness/Splices

ckuske

I have a number of large plastic jars full of various connector shells that I have salvaged and lots of wiring same way. I can probably look over the weekend, but, I will be loading up Friday to do a Pick-n-Pull run on Saturday, so it will be Sunday or Monday before I can get too them.

No worries, thank you Bill! Good luck on your hunt at the Pick-n-Pull! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll let you all know if the connector I *think* it is works out or not. It's in the mail from eBay this morning.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries, thank you Bill! Good luck on your hunt at the Pick-n-Pull! :nabble_smiley_good:

I'll let you all know if the connector I *think* it is works out or not. It's in the mail from eBay this morning.

Well, my theory was correct! I got my connector off eBay and WPT-597 is the correct one! Got a new solenoid as well for $15, seemed worth it. I'll replace the hoses to/from the solenoid while I am at it.

I have the other wiring pretty much stripped/prepped to be soldered, but is has been about 95 degrees in my garage this week so I worked on it as much as I planned (I should be used to that by now)

I hope to post finished pics soon... the heat is now sticking around for the rest of the week.

Well, my theory was correct! I got my connector off eBay and WPT-597 is the correct one! Got a new solenoid as well for $15, seemed worth it. I'll replace the hoses to/from the solenoid while I am at it.

I have the other wiring pretty much stripped/prepped to be soldered, but is has been about 95 degrees in my garage this week so I worked on it as much as I planned (I should be used to that by now)

I hope to post finished pics soon... the heat is now sticking around for the rest of the week.

Excellent! :nabble_anim_claps:

Excellent! :nabble_anim_claps:

The wire on the connector was skinnier than the old connecter - maybe 20 or 22 gauge. Definitely thinner. So I took the pins out of the new connector and am going to solder thicker wires onto the pins... don't want any nasty surprises where the solenoid is flaky or something because not enough current is getting to it...

The wire on the connector was skinnier than the old connecter - maybe 20 or 22 gauge. Definitely thinner. So I took the pins out of the new connector and am going to solder thicker wires onto the pins... don't want any nasty surprises where the solenoid is flaky or something because not enough current is getting to it...

Good plan, Chris. :nabble_smiley_good:

Good plan, Chris. :nabble_smiley_good:

OK, I have 7 of the 9 wires done. I have found a couple more thermactor solenoid wires that could use the same treatment. Those connectors are in pretty bad shape also, I found these online and ordered a few even if they were pretty pricey... ($30 each!)

I also noted the MAP sensor connector is not great. I cannot find this same one in the Motorcraft catalog, and I've looked in the MPC and can't find it? Is anyone willing to help find it to see if there is a Motorcraft part ID associated with it? (WPT-XXX style) The engineering number is E43B-14A464-FB

Pics below, thank you!

2022-09-10_19-01-37_270.thumb.jpg.df1a2815c3f65a8b09bc6afd27426670.jpg

2022-09-11_15-22-46_457.jpg.a79f0ee3e2a08644217ba20cceba31be.jpg

I feel like I'm beginning to understand how a surgeon feels when they open someone up and get more than they bargained for...

OK, I have 7 of the 9 wires done. I have found a couple more thermactor solenoid wires that could use the same treatment. Those connectors are in pretty bad shape also, I found these online and ordered a few even if they were pretty pricey... ($30 each!)

I also noted the MAP sensor connector is not great. I cannot find this same one in the Motorcraft catalog, and I've looked in the MPC and can't find it? Is anyone willing to help find it to see if there is a Motorcraft part ID associated with it? (WPT-XXX style) The engineering number is E43B-14A464-FB

Pics below, thank you!

I feel like I'm beginning to understand how a surgeon feels when they open someone up and get more than they bargained for...

That plug looks very much like the D shaped regulator connector of a 3G alternator without the key on the side.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.17347b740c0072ac0de4e2a10abaff2c.jpg

That plug looks very much like the D shaped regulator connector of a 3G alternator without the key on the side.

Hi Jim,

Yes, it does! And, it looks about the same size. The only other difference is the oval surround near the pins instead of rectangular, but the oval shouldn't cause a problem. I had actually found this connector in the catalog - WPT-119. Here's a link... I guess with Amazon's return policy I don't have much to lose but a little time!

I still have a few more connectors to do that didn't have the major wire damage, but all the biggies are done. Just ran the KOEO test and it passed! (Code 11). I'm a happy guy at the moment. This is what keeps you going, just like an occasional hit on a slot machine haha.

Hi Jim,

Yes, it does! And, it looks about the same size. The only other difference is the oval surround near the pins instead of rectangular, but the oval shouldn't cause a problem. I had actually found this connector in the catalog - WPT-119. Here's a link... I guess with Amazon's return policy I don't have much to lose but a little time!

I still have a few more connectors to do that didn't have the major wire damage, but all the biggies are done. Just ran the KOEO test and it passed! (Code 11). I'm a happy guy at the moment. This is what keeps you going, just like an occasional hit on a slot machine haha.

I really can't say about the pitch or size of the pins themselves.

It also appears that the latch is on the opposite side of the D.

Perhaps being oval at the pins will allow it to latch anyhow?

But the pigtail itself is common enough and not expensive.

Let us know if it fits. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Hi Jim,

Excited for you that your harness is 'right' enough that you are getting a KOEO pass!

Congratulations! :nabble_anim_jump: