Bullnose Forums

Is It New/Big Alternator Time?

Jim - Do you read lips? :nabble_anim_blbl:

Yes, you are right - on all counts. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

John - Sorry I can't contribute more to the conversation but I'm loading a worn-out 460 on the trailer at the mo, and soon the T-19 is to go on. But Steve/FoxFord33 is due in an hour so I have to be ready so we can go get the other two engines. :nabble_smiley_super:

I certainly hope your battery comes back Gary!

Frustrating when a simple oversight throws a wrench in your plans. 😖

Darn thing probably costs close to what a new alternator does.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I certainly hope your battery comes back Gary!

Frustrating when a simple oversight throws a wrench in your plans. 😖

Darn thing probably costs close to what a new alternator does.

I think it has come back. The voltage is staying up after driving it, and it starts the engine easily. So maybe I dodged a bullet.

And the alternator is doing exactly as it has before - 14.4V on a cold start and slowly decreasing down to 13.8V when everything heats up. So maybe there's no harm, no foul?

I think it has come back. The voltage is staying up after driving it, and it starts the engine easily. So maybe I dodged a bullet.

And the alternator is doing exactly as it has before - 14.4V on a cold start and slowly decreasing down to 13.8V when everything heats up. So maybe there's no harm, no foul?

That's great news! :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm thinking that was "the Antichrist"
:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:Looking closer, you're right!And considering The Gods Must Be Crazy was filmed in 1980, can't be Big Blue.And with a name like that, can't be Gary neither.:nabble_smiley_evil:
Yep, that was the Antichrist, as it was so named in The God's Must Be Crazy. And yes, that was before Big Blue was built. But BB's 12K winch and 6.6K weight might be able to duplicate that scene. :nabble_smiley_oh: