Bullnose Forums

Left Turn Brings On "Exterior" Lights

Alec always has an entertaining rabbit hole to dive into! 🤓

I think I like appliances the best.

Ok, I watched both videos. And he made a really good point about the lenses being designed for an incandescent bulb - the same thing that Daniel Stern says. That, coupled with some of the reviews on Amazon about the Sylvania LED's being counterfeit makes me think I'll be better off going out and buying some good old 1157's from the parts store.

Ok, I watched both videos. And he made a really good point about the lenses being designed for an incandescent bulb - the same thing that Daniel Stern says. That, coupled with some of the reviews on Amazon about the Sylvania LED's being counterfeit makes me think I'll be better off going out and buying some good old 1157's from the parts store.

I stopped in to see Dewayne @ Skiatook Auto Parts and got four 1157's. I've replaced the front turn signals with them, removing the LED's, and all is well. And I checked the tail/stop lights to ensure they are running incandescent bulbs as I was trying out an LED in one at some point in the past. I thought I'd gone back to incandescent bulbs due to a problem with the trailer brake controller, but just wanted to check - I had.

So with the exception of the side marker lights I'm running all incandescents on the exterior. :nabble_smiley_good: