Bullnose Forums

Messing with Fuel Tank Sending units again

Good find, David! That's a nice price and fits 1980 to 84:

F100/350 - - 133" W/B

F150/350(Super Cab) - - 155”,168" W/B

F350(81) — (Regular Cab)

136.8", 160.8" W/B

Gary, just curious why it is not also listed for Crew Cabs 19gal equipped trucks.

Is Big Brother's 19 tank different from a regular or extended cab?

:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, just curious why it is not also listed for Crew Cabs 19gal equipped trucks.

Is Big Brother's 19 tank different from a regular or extended cab?

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Actually, it looks to me like the MPC has an error. The snippet below is from the 1986 F-Series brochure and you can see that the Crew Cab is the only one with a 168" wheelbase. So I think when the MPC said "F150/350(Super Cab) - - 155”,168" W/B" it was in error. The Super Cab had 155" wheelbase and the Crew Cab had 168, but they ran both together after "Super Cab".

Ralph?

1986_Exterior_Dimensions.jpg.7f453d992dce2b1793a86ef393a042dd.jpg

Actually, it looks to me like the MPC has an error. The snippet below is from the 1986 F-Series brochure and you can see that the Crew Cab is the only one with a 168" wheelbase. So I think when the MPC said "F150/350(Super Cab) - - 155”,168" W/B" it was in error. The Super Cab had 155" wheelbase and the Crew Cab had 168, but they ran both together after "Super Cab".

Ralph?

Just to precise I am talking about the standard midship 19gal tank (Big Bro doesn't have the optional rear tank).

I didn't realize that the optional rear one can also be 19gal capacity.

So my question could be read as of «Uh? All midship 19gal tanks aren't the same?»

Just to precise I am talking about the standard midship 19gal tank (Big Bro doesn't have the optional rear tank).

I didn't realize that the optional rear one can also be 19gal capacity.

So my question could be read as of «Uh? All midship 19gal tanks aren't the same?»

In all cases the aft tank would be 19 gallons.

Except for Broncos that kept their spare tire on the swing--away tailgate carrier.

These came with a deeper rear tank and a skid plate for off road as can be seen here: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-on-f-series.html

Short bed trucks (117" wb) got a 16 gallon midship tank.

Pretty much all 133 and longer wheelbase trucks came with a 19 gallon midship tank.

Chassis cab trucks had straight frame rails behind the cab that were narrower to fit industry standard dump, utility or flat/rack beds.

Pickup tanks don't fit inside the CC trucks frame. They came with a 22 gallon tank.

In all cases the aft tank would be 19 gallons.

Except for Broncos that kept their spare tire on the swing--away tailgate carrier.

These came with a deeper rear tank and a skid plate for off road as can be seen here: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-on-f-series.html

Short bed trucks (117" wb) got a 16 gallon midship tank.

Pretty much all 133 and longer wheelbase trucks came with a 19 gallon midship tank.

Chassis cab trucks had straight frame rails behind the cab that were narrower to fit industry standard dump, utility or flat/rack beds.

Pickup tanks don't fit inside the CC trucks frame. They came with a 22 gallon tank.

Thanks, Jim. You said it better than I could.

Thanks, Jim. You said it better than I could.

To more directly address Jeff's question «Uh? All midship 19gal tanks aren't the same?»

(Sorry, I didn't catch this edit. :nabble_smiley_blush:)

The tank bung size changed for '85, when electric in-tank pumps became available.

So wether you had an electric pump (4 pin connector) or a mechanical pump (2 pin. sender only) the '85 & on tanks came with a bigger hole on top.

Ralph?

I think the error is an omission of the words (Crew Cab) in the list. But since it states 168 wb it's not a horrible error, as that would cover the Crew Cab.

Since the Final MPC was updated from the earlier MPC's from 1980/ on up you get a lot of omissions like this. The Crew Cab was introduced in 1983 for example.

I think the error is an omission of the words (Crew Cab) in the list. But since it states 168 wb it's not a horrible error, as that would cover the Crew Cab.

Since the Final MPC was updated from the earlier MPC's from 1980/ on up you get a lot of omissions like this. The Crew Cab was introduced in 1983 for example.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying - since it shows 168" WB then it is a crew cab. Just doesn't say so.