Bullnose Forums

AC Clutch Cycle and Pressure

According to my research (looking at the same part for each year on rockauto and seeing when the style changed), ford trucks with a small-block did not get the refrigerant line with the pressure switch port until 1994.

1994 was when Ford went to R134. That is why I used 1994 up condenser and evaporator on Darth making his system a dedicated R134 system.

FWIW, Chrysler changed in 1993 at least on the minivans. On my Chrysler I found that the updates were introduced starting in 1992 with different condensers and evaporators with compressors being phased in.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1994 was when Ford went to R134. That is why I used 1994 up condenser and evaporator on Darth making his system a dedicated R134 system.

FWIW, Chrysler changed in 1993 at least on the minivans. On my Chrysler I found that the updates were introduced starting in 1992 with different condensers and evaporators with compressors being phased in.

I added over 100 pages of HVAC documentation, as explained in the thread called, oddly enough, Documents Added To HVAC Section. Maybe some of it will help.